Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Koga Miyata Globe Traveller
  • paulevans
    Free Member

I posted a while ago that I’d inherited a Koga Miyata Globe Traveller from my father and that i was wondering about selling it due to doubts over when I’d use it. Fast forward to present day and I’ve got a C2C ride planned for end of September and will be using the KMGT.

I’ve been getting some rides in on the bike and all feels fine with the exception of he cockpit feeling a little too cramped. I’d like to swap out the stem, but it’s not a typical ahead set type affair, but rather a dated quil design with adjustable stem angle.

I don’t know if anyone else on here has the same bike but can someone tell me if it is possible to swap the adjustable part of the stem for one with a longer reach, i.e not the whole stem, just the horizontal part.

Thanks to those who posted months ago advising that I should keep the bike 🙂

Marmoset
    Free Member

If you’re having trouble finding another adjustable stem you can buy an ahead/quill adaptor to get an aheadstem of your choice on there.
    Such as this:

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/System-Ex-Quill-Ahead-Adaptor-1-1-8×1-Silver/SYSTHBSZ200?utm_campaign=Googlebase&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=Googlebase&gclid=CKWxofH9-r8CFYeXvQodtqoAEA

I’ve not seen anyone selling the one part of an adjustable stem. Have you tried raising the stem in the steerer and then flattening it out, that would give you a bit more reach.

ontor
    Free Member

Saint john street cycles will have what you need.

paulevans
    Free Member

Thanks Marmoset and Ontor. I’ll have a look into both of your suggestions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Koga Miyata Globe Traveller’ is closed to new replies.