Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Kinesis pro6 for £1080-anything better?
  • TomB

Hi all. The tripster ti is too much for me, but the pro6 with same spec fits the bill, for a do it all dirty road/off road option (not racing cx). Before I go for it, anything else I should consider, or reasons not to take the plunge?

Cheers!

Tom

bol

Love my pro6. I’d like the tripster too but same problem as you. I’d recommend a forgiving seatpost, but can’t think of anything else that fits the bill as well as an allrounder.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m with bol on this.
    As much as I’d like a Tripster, I can’t really justify the cost as the Pro6 is such a great bike. I previously had a Boardman CX Team but he Pro6 if much, much better and definitely worth the extra money. I’m not sure that the Tripster is worth double the price of the Pro6 even though it gets some fantastic reviews.

mrblobby
    Free Member

May be worth checking out this thread for options.

brassneck

The other option I’d been considering was a Croix de Fer, might be a little more all round than the pro6 which I think is quite racey? But I guess the CdF would be a fair bit heavier.
    Be interested in owners comments, as it might work for me too, my only concern with the Tripster was it might be a bit too flash for where it was likely to be used!

tang
    Free Member

Pro6 is fantastic. Slung a Spesh pave post in and all is good.

Spin
    Free Member

Shit paintwork aside I’m loving my pro6

senorj

I originally looked at the CDF & the genesis vapour(?).
    Very happy with my Pro 6 .When Kinesis get round to integrated cables and repositioning the rearbrake mount , I’ll get another. 😀

bol

The paint on mine is excellent. I know that some people have confused the speckle effect on the graphics for overspray, but it’s supposed to look like that apparently.

bol

+1 for a Pave.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Shit paintwork aside I’m loving my pro6

I’ve got yo agree with this 100%.
    I’ve never had a bike that’s chipped and scratched so easily. Despite being well looked after mine looks in worse condition than my MTB which is two years older and done loads more miles.

nick1962
    Free Member

Not an owner and it’s a great looking bike with a great wheelset but the gearing? Maybe ok for CX racing but looks too high for steep road climbing let alone off road and too low for all out speed onroad.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Bol, all the paint complaints I’ve seen have been about fragility and ease of chipping, not overspray.

TomB

Nick, for that price I’m happy to invest in a cassette to widen the gear range. Cheers so far!

househusband

2014 Cannondale CAADX 10sp 105 for £849 from Epic Cycles.

Mine arrived yesterday and it is the bike I was destined to buy… 😛

EDIT: Or the 2015 in 11sp for £899 but you’ll have to wait.

nick1962
    Free Member

Nick, for that price I’m happy to invest in a cassette to widen the gear range

Yes that’s easy I agree but it’s more the 46/36 chainrings I was referring to.Depends what you plan on using it for I suppose.

boardsi
    Free Member

What size Pro6 for a 5ft 11 rider? any link to the £1080 deal?

Spin
    Free Member

Maybe ok for CX racing but looks too high for steep road climbing let alone off road and too low for all out speed onroad.

Can’t say I’ve found any of that to be an issue.

As for the paint, I’m not aware of my right heel catching the stay at all but it had worn through to bare metal in about 5 rides.

However I’m willing to live with a tatty frame for the way it rides which I really like.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

What size Pro6 for a 5ft 11 rider?

I’m the same height as you and a 54’s perfect for me.

Jamie
    Free Member

What size Pro6 for a 5ft 11 rider? any link to the £1080 deal?

http://www.freeborn.co.uk/kinesis-crosslight-pro6-bike

antigee

The toe overlap on my smallish pro6 drives me crazy- been riding adiffent bike for a month and forgot about it – clipped toe when turning in traffic but then today blasted some singletrack on it and all is forgiven

Jamie
    Free Member

How small is smallish, antigee?

Spin
    Free Member

No overlap on my 54.

My previous crosser was an old Cannondale with evil toe overlap. I did find I got used to it fairly swiftly though.

finbar
    Free Member

I had the 51cm and it had a v long toptube (54cm iirc), like Boardman road sizing. It was too big for me so I had to get rid :-/ .

antigee

Jamie – Freeloader!

How small is smallish, antigee?

51cm I reckon

in fairness it is intended as a race cx bike

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Kinesis pro6 for £1080-anything better?’ is closed to new replies.