Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • kinesis maxlight cx wheelset – opinions please
  • pete68
    Free Member

As the title says really. Any user reviews on these. I’m sure some people on the tripster thread are using them. I want a strong reliable wheelset that can cope with some rough back roads but will be okay for some road miles as well.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

look through the tripster ATR thread…

pete68
    Free Member

That’s fine but it’s 38 pages and mostly not about these wheels.

Jamie
    Free Member

Nothing much will touch them for the money, as you should be able to get them for around £230-40-ish if you shop around. Availability always seems an issue, which should tell you how popular they are.

Good in-depth view here: http://paolocoppo.drupalgardens.com/content/kinesis-crosslight-disc-wheels-any-good

Had the V2s on my Crox De Fer, and they were faultless. Would have gone for another set, V3, on my TCX, but it has a 15mm thru axle and the CXDs are QR only.

firestarter
    Free Member

I looked at those for my kinesis cx but found reports of hub cracking so went with hope with crests instead

Jamie
    Free Member

I looked at those for my kinesis cx but found reports of hub cracking so went with hope with crests instead

Link(s)?

DrP

I’ve been running them on my tripster (factory build) for the past few months – covered over 1500km, mostly ‘gravel type’ riding, but have gone ‘MTBing’ on them too..

The rear was a tad loose the other day, but I trued it up again.

No real issues to report.

They’re wheels – I suppose if there’s nothing to report, they’re doing their job!

DrP

firestarter
    Free Member

No links jamie and it was weeks ago so cant remember but it was enough to put me off

Spin
    Free Member

I think the wheels are probably fine. What isn’t fine is Kinesis customer service if something goes wrong.

My Crosslight rear hub split in two around the flange. Kinesis said they only know of one other case which may well be true as a web search and post on here turned up nowt. The problem was it took 2 months for them to sort a replacement. The freehub then broke on the replacement after about 2 hrs of riding. A month down the line and all my LBS could get from Kinesis was promises that it would be sorted tomorrow.

To fix it my LBS ordered me a Crest on a hope hub and I paid the difference. I’ve no idea if Kinesis have credited the LBS or are still dicking them about. LBS say this is fairly typical.

Two thumbs up for LBS. Two fingers up to Kinesis.

Spin
    Free Member

Link(s)?

It might have been my post a few weeks back. See above.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Had them 6 months.. faultless and crackless so far.
    Some dude rode some half way round the world on his tripster with no problems too.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I assume youve found some somewhere, they sold out months ago and shops an punters are waiting for a supposed new shipment (I posted a PSA for a shop with a few in stock on ebay but theyve sold out now). Seemed to be the “go to” light CX wheel, not sure that the hubs can be converted to other dropout standards though?

Light as Ultegra road wheels, lowish spoke count and alloy nipples so probably not for the heavyweight rider.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

double post

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘kinesis maxlight cx wheelset – opinions please’ is closed to new replies.