Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Kili Flyer cromo
  • dallas95
    Free Member

Following the death of my hardtail at Llandegla a couple of weeks ago, (cracked headtube) I have been looking for a frame to build up with the parts. I saw the kili at the lbs, Cycle Cear – Halifax and liked the look of it so took a punt, thinking steel should be safe from cracking. Had to buy a seatpost but had everything else and it’s built up into a sweet ride. I put the flite saddle and smoke tyres on it as a nod to it’s retro heritage. Had a loop around Hebden up to Colden and back down through Hardcastle Craggs and I love it. 26lb as pictured and the Reba 120’s are the perfect fork for the frame. It’s a 15″ and I’m 5’8″ with a 30″ inside leg for anyone wondering about sizing.

Leku
    Free Member

I would have said that ‘aqua’ was the best colour for a Kili, but mine changed colour last night…
    [/url]
    IMG_0455 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

now…

[/url]
    IMG_0778 by 100%of thetime60%ofthetime, on Flickr[/img]

qwerty
    Free Member

nice bike/s

RustyMac

tacopowel was looking for on last week. He started a thread about the Kili Flyer v Dialled PA.

That is a lovely frame at a bargin price. I would have snapped it up if i had not just got a new Genesis Latitude last week.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I’ve got the Ti version and love it.

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Nice build. Just past the pics around here at Cycle Gear. Its looking sweet!

We’ve just taken the last delivery of frames today. Have a gander:
    http://www.ukbikesdepot.com/m90b5s717p0/Frames_and_Forks/SARACEN/Mountain_Frames_Only

timc
    Free Member

Whats going on with the cheap Ti ones on that link?

Leku
    Free Member

My new ti Kili is now built up. Its only had the ‘up and down the road’ test but feels fast.

Cheeky local spin tomorrow morning.

dallas95
    Free Member

My new ti Kili is now built up. Its only had the ‘up and down the road’ test but feels fast.

Cheeky local spin tomorrow morning.

Pictures? Any new bits or just swap overs from the kili cromo?

Inbred456
    Free Member

6ft 4 here and ride a 21″. Swopped all the bits over from my 20″ steel 456. What a lovely finished bike it is. Would have preferred a standard headset but it’s ok. Very comfortable and rides spot on with my 120 fork. A bit less rad than the 456. Seems faster on the flat and uphill. Got to be Aqua blue though!!!

Leku
    Free Member

Photos tomorrow.

Straight swop apart from new gear cable and outers and a new seatpost qr.

It’s come with a FSA headset which I’ve fitted but I’ll swop for a Hope later.

Vortexracing

That ti one is only £399 !!!

That seems bloody cheap

Northwind

Only in midget size, though?

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah, because it’s a kids bike (15″) :p

Leku
    Free Member

how very dare you!

(and they are only 2mm shorter than my last hardtail a Cotic Soul 16″)

Vortexracing

I ride a 16″ Soul as well. at 5ft 4″ it would be perfect for me

mattywrigley
    Free Member

Whats going on with the cheap Ti ones on that link?

What do you mean?

Just a few frames left now. Been selling like bloody hot cakes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Kili Flyer cromo’ is closed to new replies.