Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Kiddie bike attachments – Weeride Kangaroo – alternatives?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Borrowed a Weeride Kangaroo from a very kind chap in my work.

This one:

http://m.direct.asda.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-ASDA-Site/default/Cart-Show

I’ve had alandavidpetrie79 Jr on it a few times now & he loves it!

A great bonding experience! – He likes to give a running comentry as we ride along pointing out this & that and we have a great laugh.

Before I go ahead & buy the same type, I thought I’d ask the STW massive opinions & other possible options.

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

igm

Had a CoPilot with our older son, followed by a LOCT as he got older. Got a WeeRide for our younger son.

Others will disagree, but for three reasons I favour the mid-mount LOCT and WeeRide. One the bike handles better. Two the child feels less like luggage and more like they’re part of he action – more chatter better bonding. Three, they can be fitted to full suss frames – if you n wan to be bounced around on a rigid bike, you can bet your children don’t (and if you do they still don’t). Four (I know said three) it’s easy to check they’re ok.

LOCT are superb, but a) really only for 2 yr olds plus and b) out of production and like hens teeth secondhand.

WeeRide are good enough, and you can use them for young children.

There are good rear and front mount seats, but mid-mount has it for me for even mild off-road.

tonyd

I’d second the mid mount option. We’ve a weeride kangaroo that the youngest is on and a LOCT that the eldest is now on. Both fantastic.

Youngest is getting a little big for the weeride now so I’m on the hunt for a second LOCT, don’t much fancy my chances of finding one though 🙁

(if anyone reading this has a LOCT for sale let me know!)

passtherizla
    Free Member

I third weeride type seats me and my little one have a whale of a time on it.

iain1775
    Free Member

Another one for weeride
    We got the next model up from the Kangeroo (nicer padded headrest and seat) for lesss than the Kangeroo from Costco
    My MIL made a hand muff to fit over the headrest so that little one can keep her hands warmer when we are out, considering producing and selling a few if there would be any interest in them

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Pretty much made my mind up that I will get a Weeride Kangaroo.

My MIL made a hand muff to fit over the headrest so that little one can keep her hands warmer when we are out, considering producing and selling a few if there would be any interest in them

Sounds interesting……..

Any pics?

Alan.

igm

Iain – might be interested too – Iain

chugg08

Not been mentioned yet, but Trailgator is another brand. I bought one a couple of weeks ago – its useless, stay away from it.

It lifts the front wheel of the kids bike but isn’t stable enough to hold it. The result is that the kids bike yaws to the left / right resulting in the kid falling off.

EDIT: sorry just looked at the Kangaroo. The trailgator is not a kids seat, its a (useless) tow along.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Just ordered one!

Once I get an idea…….. 🙂

Jr will be happy on Wednesday!

iain1775
    Free Member

Guys I will get some pics of the handmuff soon, Ive sent her back to define the design 😉

ads678

Chugg08 – don’t give up on the trail-gator, get the bolts cranked up tight and it’ll be fine. lots of people seem to struggle getting them to work but once you get it right they are great and give you kid loads of freedom as they can actually ride rather than just being pulled along. The first time i took my lad out on his he was leaning over but after that i made sure everything was super tight and it’s been fine ever since.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

wee ride here…both my kids loved it. They can see whats going on rather than looking up your ass, plus all above mentioned points.

Found it better with flats as u can get your legs a bit wider.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Kiddie bike attachments – Weeride Kangaroo – alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.