Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kia ceed estate owners views please
  • karnali
    Free Member

Currently have a 10 year old Octavia estate thinking of replacing and the ceed, looks to be good value looking at 2-3 year old. What do owners or driver’s think of them?

wrightyson
    Free Member

I’ll post again on a Kia post even though it’s not hugely relevant. Just got a new Kia optima estate amd its quite frankly so boringly dull, efficient, great value for money etc it makes me want to hate it as i really want an rs4 but in the same breath its a bloody great car!

footflaps

They are excellent cars, very hard to fault. We have a Ce’ed and my brother’s family has a Ce’ed estate.

NB The wife does work for Kia, but I still think they’re excellent cars.

cdoc
    Free Member

Had a Ce’ed for two years now, no complaints at all. OK, maybe not the most powerful, but that’s a niggle rather than a problem.

Kuco

My company Cee’d should be turning up sometime this week after a 22 day delay 😡 a 1.6 diesel, glad to hear they are good cars. Though I have enjoyed the 1.4 Turbo Astra i’ve had for the past 8 months.

footflaps

OK, maybe not the most powerful, but that’s a niggle rather than a problem.

For a car which isn’t supposed to be fast, I’m always surprised how quick the 1.7 CRDI engine actually is. My only complaint would be the auto box isn’t that great at initial pick up, so pulling away from stationary is a bit slow.

iainc

Not a ceed, but wife has a Soul, bough as an ex demo 6 yrs ago and it’s never missed a beat. Great car and will be replaced with newer version later this year.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like the look of the compact Kia Soul better than Nissan Cube.

cdoc
    Free Member

OK, maybe not the most powerful, but that’s a niggle rather than a problem.

I’m always surprised how quick the 1.7 CRDI engine actually is.

Ahh, should have added that ours is a 1.4 petrol.
    My other half really fancies an Optima 1.7d next, so it’s good to hear that it is ok!

Kuco

LOL just literally got an email saying the car is expected at the dealers on the 10th. That be a 36 day slippage from the original date. WTF its so hard to get a bog standard specced car is beyond me.

gowerboy

I have a Ceed Estate. Now I’m not that into cars but having had a series of lease cars they decided to stop our scheme. All the Ceeds in our fleet had been brilliant so I bought one myself.

Following two Tourans and a Focus Estate, I find the Ceed really good. It’s not the most ‘crisp’ of drives but it’s really solid, fast enough (1.6 diesel) and much bigger in the boot dept than the focus. A large Pugsley fits straight in on it’s side with bikepacking gear all attached.

I prefer it to the Focus and it’s better built than either the Focus or the Touran. I am suffering from having bought a Diesel anxiety though.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I have a 1.4 diesel ceed “sport wagon”. It’s my company car, and about as sporty as a sponge. It is very economical though-managed Fort William from York return on £50 of diesel. Roomy boot, though with the seats down it’s not quite long enough to sleep in. Even my base spec model has voice control and Bluetooth streaming and the stereo is surprisingly good. Nothing has gone wrong with it in 2 years and it’s a nice place to sit. I can’t fault it.

gowerboy

I am 6’1″ and can sleep in mine if I pushed the front seats forward a bit

A friend has a Volvo v60 estate and superficially the two cars look very similar. The Kia boot is much bigger though.

poolman
    Free Member

I have a carens with 1.7 diesel engine, maybe the same, 3 years in and not missed a beat. The only negative if being picky is the plastics are v low rent,but its a cheap car. I like the folding flt passenger seat if its on the ceed too.

footflaps

WTF its so hard to get a bog standard specced car is beyond me.

Demand exceeds supply!

Very popular cars at the moment.

landslide

We recently replaced a Fabia estate (1.9 diesel) with a Cee’d hatchback. It’s utterly dull, and doesn’t seem to be anywhere near as economical as the published MPG would suggest. On the upside, the power steering works, which is a big upgrade over the old Skoda.

wonnyj
    Free Member

I have one.
    Deadly dull but exceedingly practical.
    Reliable too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kia ceed estate owners views please’ is closed to new replies.