Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Just unbelievable! (Mtn Rescue content)
  • hora
    Free Member

I'd rather die of a heart attack yomping in the lakes at 70 than suffering the long slide to infirmness and loss of dignity associated with never taking any risks and just watching the telly at 80.

Amen.

scotabroad

As for charging for any rescue when I was in MRT there massive resistance to any form of charging. It is a voluntary organisation and they were proud of it, plus changing to any fee system creates a professional organisation which then opens up a can of worms for example liability and providing a service for a fee payment.

doug_basqueMTB.com

Just to be clear. When I was wondering if the people could be CHARGED I would have been clearer if I had said PROSECUTED! If someone carried me halfway up a hill and then didn't carry me back down I'd be a touched miffed!

BlingBling
    Free Member

Are they sure the six martial arts experts didn't just steal him from outside a shop or something? 😕

mogrim

doug_basqueMTB.com – Member
    Mogrim, that's interesting, I just know about the Basque Country.

Funnily enough, given their reputed hatred of money, the Catalans are bringing it in, too. Aragon is still free, though.

GrahamS

I'd rather die of a heart attack yomping in the lakes at 70 than suffering the long slide to infirmness and loss of dignity associated with never taking any risks and just watching the telly at 80.

Mmmm.. depends what's on. 🙂

Actually, by the time I'm 80 they may well have sufficiently convincing virtual worlds that my body can sit and vegetate while my mind is still wandering about enjoying life as a 20-something. Dear god I hope so!

takisawa2

Sorry, but while this admittedly is quite a serious situation, I cant help but think its been "media-enhanced".

I keep imagining a somewhat comical scene at a pub back in Llanberis…

"But we thought you were bringing him down…"

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

His mates have got to be pretty thick to carry him up when he could have just got the train !

If he had tried to wheel himself up then fair enough that would be some achievement.

Might as my mates to carry me up next weekend on a kitchen chair….

hora
    Free Member

I keep imagining a somewhat comical scene at a pub back in Llanberis.

Maybe he was legless?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I overheard one side of a phone call from within the front office of Fort William police station a couple of weeks ago.

"No Sir there are no street lights on the path up Ben Nevis"

"Yes Sir it is a proper mountain with snow and everything"

and it ended with

"Ben Nevis is actually closed now until the summer so you might be better off trying somewhere else"

IanMunro
    Free Member

LOL!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Just unbelievable! (Mtn Rescue content)’ is closed to new replies.