Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just played our last game of network Quake
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

New PCs are coming and new software filters so we’ve just enjoyed our last ever game of the classic network shootemup. I feel quite sad – I think we bought it between us in 1996 and it’s kept us entertained of a lunchtime since.

I lay down my hammer for the last time.

Del

quake online through the browser?

derek_starship
    Free Member

Del – tell me more! Please.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

A sad day indeed. I have fond memories of studio wide games of unreal tournament before it got forever banned.

morgs
    Free Member

interested……

Drac

Quake live it’s been around awhile but requires some installation so may not work on all works networks.

http://www.quakelive.com/

zokes
    Free Member

Quake?!?

Must be 12 years ago now we managed to hide this on the school server for about 6 months before it was found. IT staff always seemed bemused as to how we were doing it, or why the network slowed to a crawl at lunch time

oink
    Free Member

i play quake networked against a couple of friends on our phones – how times have changed 😉

pcs at work are for C&C generals, unreal tournament and starcraft 2

_tom_
    Free Member

Unreal Tournament is possibly my favourite multiplayer fps 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

That brings back happy memories of ‘Quake nights’. Fish and chips, beers and 6 of us playing network Quake in my home office.

derek_starship
    Free Member

A sad day indeed. But a good day for the non-Quakers in our (open plan) office. I’m sure they’ll enjoy not having to listen to “you sniping bastard” / “pentagrams are banned” and “that rocket hit you right in the face!” etc. while they eat their corned beef & onion butties*.

Other fillings are available

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

It was the trash talk and general sledging that got our unreal tournament sessions banned from the studio

simonm
    Free Member

anyone one play the classic Team Fortress ? And waited years for version 3 to come out that never really happend…
    Long live TF2

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just played our last game of network Quake’ is closed to new replies.