Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Just got this off Red Bull Hardline
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Due to consistent heavy rain over the past few weeks and the nature of the event site terrain, there will be significant impact on the parking facilities at Red Bull Hardline. The public car park is on farm land, therefore we recommend that all ticket holders consider the suitability of the vehicle they are intending to travel in.

really? less than 2 days before the event? OK, bring suitable clothing, suitable foot wear etc but bring a suitable car? WTF

Please someone tell me that they weren’t just hoping it wouldn’t rain and that they have indeed prepared a suitable car park?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Worried about you A4 getting stuck?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Worried about you A4 getting stuck?

No my 5 series estate

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😆

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

Please someone tell me that they weren’t just hoping it wouldn’t rain and that they have indeed prepared a suitable car park?

I’m not sure they’d get permission to insert a concrete car park in time… 🙂

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bogmats? hardcore? Geogrid?

there’s plenty of more temporary options than concrete.

No, they just hoped it would be OK didnt they. I’m livid.

Gaz.dick
    Free Member

I’m sure they will have some stuff to help out, much like ArdMoors, but they can’t cover a field, and if its wet grass…..

RobHilton
    Free Member

hardcore? Geogrid?

Grindcore??

As above; it’s a field. You now get the opportunity to avoid the swamp or the choice to flounder wildly.

I’m livid.

You are Gerald The Gorilla & I claim my 5 bananas.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Good job theres 4 passengers to dig and push 😀

enigmas
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll be a local farmer and a tractor on hand!

So long as it’s just a flat grassy field you can get out of a quagmire by dropping the tyre pressures. Bring a track pump or compressor in the car and you’ll be fine.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’m sure they’ll be a local farmer and a tractor on hand!

Yeh, tenner a pop probably

bigjim

This is an outrage

MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Be plenty of jeeps on hand to tow people out and show what they can do…. 😆 😆

km79
    Free Member

I’m sure they will have some stuff to help out, much like ArdMoors, but they can’t cover a field, and if its wet grass….

You can actually. Trackway panels can be laid to create temporary roads and parking. Easy to install using a hiab and take back up again, it’s a two man job. They can be hired for events to avoid these situations.

Mintyjim

If you’re coming past Cardigan you can leave your car at mine and borrow my 7 seater 4×4 Mitsubishi Delica for the event.
    Be nice to see it do one last proper trip before I put it on eBay.
    Cheers

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Good Job Dan’s handy with a shovel!

matt_outandabout

If we weren’t leaving Europe there would be a suitable EU regulation about carpark provision for rural extreme sports events.

sharkattack

Wet field? RWD car? Sounds like an opportunity not to be missed

coolhandluke
    Free Member

[/url]atherton by Vic,

prawny

I blame wiggle

Rorschach
    Free Member

Your 275/40/20’s will be fine on your lowered T6 California.

jonesyboy

Day van ftw

martinhutch

we recommend that all ticket holders consider the suitability of the vehicle they are intending to travel in.

Anyone would think they were sponsored by a 4×4 manufacturer.

mikey74
    Free Member

You are Gerald The Gorilla & I claim my 5 bananas.

😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bogmats? hardcore? Geogrid?

there’s plenty of more temporary options than concrete.

No, they just hoped it would be OK didnt they. I’m livid.

Welcome to the countryside (would tons of hardcore or geogrid count as temporary? It’s a field, you know, where food comes from)

Big-Bud
    Free Member

Your livid .then don,t go .
    You city slickers even know where wales is .
    You need a canoe on a good summers day as a commute vehicle .
    There is a fair few other places on low harder land to park with a short walk so don,t worry .next youll be complaining uber couldn,t get you to the start of the event from where you parked the car.
    Ill have my headphones on so i don,t have to listen to you lot whinging about it been wet or too cold or too hot or that theres no earl grey or skinny moch latta with cinamon swirls .
    Mexico have shit to worry about dude you have an ectra adventure of a 10 minute walk.
    Deal with it and shut the f up whinging

RobHilton
    Free Member

You do raise a good point there Buddy-boy; the coffee on offer is pretty awful.

pictonroad

Be plenty of jeeps on hand to tow people out and show what they can do

Aside from the sponsors’ cars they’ll be a 4×4 within sniffing distance. Park near it.

As the owner of an overblown kids toy -compensating for something 4×4 this sort of statement is like a dream come true. We’ve spent a fortune building our macho wagons, showing all you norms how our rigs can pull is just the opportunity we look for.

I jest.

My advice, put your front hook in place before you leave, makes it easier…

giantalkali
    Free Member

It’s ‘latte’, you abominable heathen.

Phil_H

Aside from the sponsors’ cars they’ll be a 4×4 within sniffing distance. Park near it.

Just don’t count on them knowing how to drive it off road!

Trimix
    Free Member

Joking aside, can you actually park somewhere else close by and walk ?

The vehicle I was intending to use won’t really work on wet grass and isnt suitable for a tractor tow.

trackandtrails
    Free Member

I’ve been before, in previous years the parking was on a sloping grassy field, no reason to think otherwise for this year. 1st time i went my mates transit van sunk and had to be towed out. My fiesta was ok.
    Last year conditions were bit better, but exit was getting cut up. This year there has been some VERY heavy rain (flash floods last week – thought I’d loose my car near new quay in the floods) so bit concerned about parking there. I’m packing a tow rope just in case.

trackandtrails
    Free Member

Trimix – there’s a large layby to the east, about a mile away from the turning off the a470 (there’s about a half mile to the car park after the turning) but previous years that layby was closed and used by media. Then another a few 100 metres from the turning. Can’t vouch for the safeness of it though.

Trimix
    Free Member

Cheers trackandtrails – I may take alternative transport then.

*phones local Landrover dealer for a test drive*

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Lolz. Field in ‘might be muddy following rain’ shocker.

Perhaps the event should have been held closer to your local Waitrose’s car park?

cubist
    Free Member

https://flic.kr/p/YLouNg

Your Five Series might be ok. The fancy traction control is pretty good as once you get a bit of forward motion. Just park pointing downhill.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

It’s dry today,same forecast for tomorrow.Might not be so bad in the field then.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Please please OP don’t head for Rampage, you have to walk and everything 🙂
    Or a Shropshire race, or anywhere you need to park in a field

YoKaiser
    Free Member

This wouldn’t have happened in Slough.

rOcKeTdOg

Could there possibly be a mode of transport specially designed for such conditons? Maybe human powered with 2 wheels and knobbly tyres. Bet no one has thought of that as an alternative.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Just got this off Red Bull Hardline’ is closed to new replies.