Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Just fitted the one up 42 tooth cog
  • julians
    Free Member

It looks well made, and went on easy enough.

It was a bit of a faff setting the B tension correctly, it shifts perfectly with the clutch on the mech disabled, but I had to reduce the tension on the clutch to get it to shift properly with the clutch engaged, which I guess somewhat defeats the point of a clutch mech.

Anyway will see how it goes, but it saved just under a pound in weight off the bike.

Paceman
    Free Member

What rear mech and cage length are you using? I’m interested to try this myself, running SLX rear mechs on both bikes, one long cage one medium. I imagine the long cage one will work fine at least.

julians
    Free Member

This is with a shimano XT shadow+ long cage mech.

fbk
    Free Member

I’ve been running one for the last few weeks with a medium cage XT mech. Very happy so far – smoother shifting than I expected.

B-tension is screwed all the way in and it just about clears.

iffoverload
    Free Member

I am using a Zee short cage mech with a home made 40t, it shifts great,

http://www.pinkbike.com/video/351634/

granny_ring

Which gear do you get rid of on the cassette when you fit these?

julians
    Free Member

You get rid if the 17tooth gear

Northwind

Haven’t tested mine enough to shout about it yet but it’s very impressive so far. I’ve a sneaking suspicion I’ve picked up a weird spacing issue in teh cassette where the 17t was though, it shifts lovely on and off the OneUp but there’s a slow shift in the middle of the block. More examination needed.

Oh, I had to replace the b-screw on my XT medium cage mech. But I think the Ragley mechhanger just naturally needs a lot of b-screw, it was already wound out almost all the way. You can fit it from the inside but far easier just to fit a longer one.

BearBack
    Free Member

Mines in a box ready to go on the new build.
    I’ve pulled at 16t off an 11-32 xt cassette for my DH bike to span that spacing gap.

nasher
    Free Member

I prefer the general lee cassette, you get 3 more cogs for £30 more. Dpacing through the gears is better and you dont lose your 17

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Just fitted the one up 42 tooth cog’ is closed to new replies.