• This topic has 47 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by gary.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Jones to go steel and Taiwanese
  • singlespeeddan
    Free Member

Oh dear…more affordable Jones’

My wife is not going to be pleased. 🙂

singlespeedstu

Al.
    On a fire road. 😆

Mabie.

Atomizer

Well, as someone with two Jones’ am I disappointed that it won’t be as exclusive? A little.
    But am I happy that more people will “get it”? Absolutely.

They’re great mountain bikes – suitable for all types of trails and fire roads. Just like mountain bikes should be!

daveells
    Free Member

Thats Dalbeattie int it Stu

AdamM
    Free Member

The disappointing part for me is that the diamond frame doesn’t come with the truss fork. The fork is, to me, where Jeff’s vision of what he’s trying to do with his bikes the most clear. A rigid fork that actually is rigid, giving incredible steering precision and control? Ace. The unicrown fork is the bit that doesn’t say Jones to me.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Adam – you always could buy a Ti truss fork with a steel Jones- I see no reason why this won’t continue. presumably now you’ll be able to have an all steel Diamond/Truss forked frame.

And for anyone thinking they’re only fit for fire roads – keep taking the tablets, in fact – take more as they’re obviously not working 😉

joop
    Free Member

I am a Jones(Jeffmade)rider from Holland an I rode mine in a lot more rough areas than fireroads, such as Houffa and the french Alps and my arms and neck never suffered from riding rigid, because it isn’t rigid..the spaceframe is really a different species.

I think bringing this concept to more people is a good thing and perhaps could inspire other companies and framebuilders to overthink the idea of a mountainbike.

gary

The disappointing part for me is that the diamond frame doesn’t come with the truss fork. The fork is, to me, where Jeff’s vision of what he’s trying to do with his bikes the most clear

Its interesting to see what different people feel is the USP for the Jones’ designs. I would have said that the number 1 thing is the geometry and the way it is aims to distribute weight for a ligher front end with the rigid fork. And the compliance of the spaceframe, rigidity of the truss fork seem secondary to that to me.

Either way, fair play to Jeff for getting the frames out there at a lower price. I think the steel space frame looks great, could almost be tempted to start getting rid of 26″ bikes to make space for one!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Jones to go steel and Taiwanese’ is closed to new replies.