• This topic has 31 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • John Wick = bag of arse
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Watched this last night. Ooooof dreadful.

Bad story, script and acting.

C’est tout.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ah I enjoyed it as mindless distraction, liked the idea but the ending did kill it.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I liked it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

SPOILER
    [video]https://youtu.be/soAofAWEpGU[/video]

With a pencil….

allthepies
    Free Member

the film stars Reeves as John Wick, a retired hitman seeking vengeance for the killing of his Beagle puppy

😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s so much (well a few mm more) deeper than that

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I liked it. Wasn’t too fantastical but still in comic book realms

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s not the worst film you will ever see.

Lifer
    Free Member

Quite enjoyed it, good action. Liked his signature judo throw/head shot finishing move. There was some terrible acting though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

In terms of the ‘hard man revenge’ genre films it’s head and shoulders above Taken (all of them),The Transporter (all of them),Hitman etc

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Hitman, no there was a film that if you had a game controller you would have made him jump off the roof

eddiebaby
    Free Member

How does it compare with the somewhat unbelievable Law Abiding Citizen?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

on par, it’s properly unbelievable but more in a comic book way

TheFlyingOx

C’est tout.
    Come on…. That’s the equivalent of buying a cat and complaining that it doesn’t bark. It’s a Keanu Reeves film, for starters. It involves a hitman going after the folk who killed his dog. You’re looking in entirely the wrong place if you want story, script and acting.

FWIW, I thought it was bloody superb.

walla24
    Free Member

BOOOOOOO

i liked it….loads

what a dude

Rorschach
    Free Member

If you did’nt like that for gawd’s sake don’t watch 47 Ronin.

bobgarrod
    Free Member

Asian cinema does this sort of stuff 10x better. Don’t get me started on the abortion that’s his version of 47 Ronin.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

On the revenge movie theme, I thought the Equalizer was rather good. But I am a massive Denzel fan.

Rorschach
    Free Member

He’s no Edwoodwoodwoodwood though.

Crag
    Free Member

I loved it, in a complete unbelievable bullshit way. His finest work since Bill & Ted.

rone

This is the latest Hollywood thing – the ‘Taken’ template with a bit of ’80s simplicity, held together with an angry middle-aged man punching above his weight.

Kind of a waste of screen time and effort but okay in its efficiency, action and complete lack of fat.

For me; better than any of the recent James Bond’s as doesn’t have the camp or the hype.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sounds like I need to see it.

drlex
    Free Member

Coincidentally also saw it last night. As mentioned, is a good example of the invincible revenge genre. 90 minutes of mindless entertainment, but could have done with more car action, IMO.

It’s not the worst Keanu Reeves film you will ever see.

FTFM – hard to get under the bar of Johnny Moronic.

Tonight’s viewing will be St Vincent – should I bother?

dudeofdoom

He’s no Edwoodwoodwoodwood though.

apparently is mum lived in our street when I awas alad…an you’d see the rolls when he was visiting..

I didn’t mind the movie I thought it was nicely framed 🙂

nairnster
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. Predictable, but good entertainment.

jimjam
    Free Member

derek_starship

C’est tout.

I wonder what the OP thought of The Raid, Hard Boiled, Flashpoint, Ong Bak etc.

dudeofdoom

Oooh ‘Hard Boiled’ was one of my faves – nothing like choreographed gun fighting
    🙂

alcolepone
    Free Member

love a good action film
    but was utterly bored by this, ended up skipping through the film to see what i was missing, all seemed so uninspired…

found the same with the raid. fight after fight after fight…. get numb to it very quickly.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Watched it, forgettable. Saw ‘In Order Of Disappearance’ last night on Netflix. Recommended. (Scandi-revenge-thriller about a snowplough driver who has some killing to do)

PS – It also has the best paraglider death ever ^

scuttler

I liked The Equalizer. Annoyed at the absence of an 80’s synth soundtrack at the end though and it could’ve so easily been done given that the 80’s is officially mega again (Todd Terje anyone?)

lovewookie

I watched it a few months ago, thought it was good for what it was. an arse kicking movie.

liked equalizer too, wasn’t sure at first, but actually OK.

thing is with these, you know what’s going to happen, so just ride with it. 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Watched it last night, it’s not a bad way to turn off your brain for an hour and a half – sad the dog dies though, but I suppose it’s less obvious than killing his wife or something.

Style over content, they managed to get around the whole “Keanu Reeves sounds wooden” issue by only giving him a few lines, in fact I would image the script only ran to a page or two, there’s not much dialog.

In short, the story is nonsensical, the dialog cheesy but thankfully short – but it’s action packed and looks good.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘John Wick = bag of arse’ is closed to new replies.