Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • joe blow mountain…who has one and tubeless big volume tyres?
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Need a tubeless capable pump quickstyle. Anyone have this? Reviews seem to suggest its ok for tubeless but had a poor head lever, but for 28…

Furious

I have one that’s used or tubeless, never had any issues at all. Didn’t realise the head lever was a potential problem.

Simon

I’ve had a Joe Blow mountain for a couple of months and it’s inflated probably 4 or 5 Specialized 2 bliss 2.35 tyres successfully.
    It failed to seat a wire bead Minion Super tacky last week though, I had to resort to CO2.

Pridds

Got one, heads are rubbish. If i was buying a new one i would get one of these
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/sks-aircon-6-0-track-pump/rp-prod46316

kuman
    Free Member

Mine arrived today. I have just had a go at inflating chunky monkey 29er on hope tech enduro and it went up first time. Very happy with it.

nickdavies

Yep have one here and it will bang on 2.5 maxis dh tyres no sweat. Massive difference – used to have to take wheels to the garage to swap tyres with my old track pump.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Another happy Joe Blow Mountain user here, no issues with the head to report.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Cheers Pridds, like the sound of that. Good reviews. Bought for 23 off amazon. Thanks for the comments on the joe blow everyone else.

rickon
    Free Member

Ive got one, must have done over 40 tyres with it. Makes tubelessing tyres easy peasy. I can get Maxxis 29ers to snap on with three pumps.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’ll report back!

mattjg
    Free Member

Have had one a couple of years and have done loads of tubeless setups with it. It’s always worked well until a few weeks ago when the locking lever broke (it’s plastic). It can’t do high pressure, bear that in mind if you have a road bike.

CRC have replacement heads and hose for about 16 quid but also another pump, that can do high pressure and has the same head, which can be unscrewed, for about 20, so I bought that and switch the heads as needed.

cakefacesmallblock

I have one. To inflate tubeless it’s excellent. Use it on 2.35 tyres. But, mine now has a replacement alloy head / lever. The stock one is made from an alloy of finest dairylea.

neilneilorangepeel
    Free Member

I have one too. It’s been flawless for a couple of years now and easily inflates tubeless fat bike tyres (enough volume? 🙂 ).

darrenspink
    Free Member

Update guys and girls.

So got one of those SKS aircons for £23 and it inflates my 2.35 hans dampfs no problem.
    The head on it looks pretty study, the lever lifts way way up so you can give it a darn good tooting.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0030IJWH6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1421865144&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40&dpPl=1&dpID=31fyl7YpYqL&ref=plSrch

matther01
    Free Member

Only ever had issues inflating Conti’s…but they’re renowned for being a PITA to begin with, otherwise good piece of kit for the money IMO.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’ve got one and think the head is crap, well not the head, more the ferrule that fits into the end of the hose that has a bore of about 1.5mm diameter, seriously restricting the flow of air through the head.

I’ve cut the head off mine and just push the hose onto the valve stem with the core removed. All tyres go up a treat. Then I re-fit the core and top it up with my other pump.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘joe blow mountain…who has one and tubeless big volume tyres?’ is closed to new replies.