Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Jodrell Bank. Any MTB within 60 miles?
  • collinstiffee
    Free Member

Going down to see Sigur Ros on Friday. Will be staying till Monday. Any good MTB nearby?

phiiiiil

Very handy for the white peak – Macclesfield forest, Three Shire Heads, Hollinsclough and the Roaches…

tmb467
    Free Member

Llandegla, Cannock Chase, or Macclesfield?

goldengus
    Free Member

Hanchurch Woods

bland

Look on google maps, it will show a big green area commonly referred to as the Peak District

tthew

Delamere, and 60 miles probably includes Calderdale and the surrounding area as well as all those other great options mentioned above.

World’s your lobster really.

repatriot
    Free Member

Macclesfield forest, Hayfield is pretty close, loads of riding!

collinstiffee
    Free Member

cheers. will definitely be taking the bikes. 🙂

jekkyl

Macc forest! You can see the big dish from the top before you dip down charity lane.

carlos
    Free Member

Hayfield, Roman Lakes, Marple, Macc Forest, Llandegla, Cannock, Hope, Castleton, Edale and loads of others in The Peak, Gisburn depending on your Accomodation location and Rivvington are all worth the trip out.

tomj
    Free Member

Sixty miles will cover a large chunk of the North, North Midlands and North East Wales. Should find some ok-ish riding there!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Any MTB within 60 miles?

Yes. Lots. Bear in mind that a 120 mile round trip to ride a bike is a probably going to be 3 hours sat in a car. Set your sights a bit closer and enjoy more riding. There’s some cracking Peak District riding 30 miles away in Hayfield (Kinder), Hope Valley and even the Derwent Valley. There’s some tremendous riding near Macc Forest, which is even nearer.

collinstiffee
    Free Member

cheers all. I’ll do a 30 mile radius from base camp. 🙂

Esme
    Free Member

I have a lovely little route that goes right past the entrance to Jodrell Bank. 14 miles, 350ft of climbing, approx 75% off-road. Very nice evening blast. Email in profile for details.

If my MTB ride (and a 14 mile one at that) contained only 350ft of climbing/descending and 25% road, I’d be very disappointed 🙁

You don’t have to go anything like 30 miles, let alone 60 to get 3500 ft of climbing in a 14 mile ride and quite possibly 0% road – 10% max

Esme
    Free Member

Errrm, it rather depends on whether you want to drive to the hills, or ride locally, doesn’t it?
    Jodrell Bank is in the middle of the Cheshire Plain, which means it’s flat 🙄

badllama
    Free Member

OP im riding my usual route round Delamere this Saturday your more than welcome to come along if you intrested 🙂

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I think I need to confirm my basecamp location. 🙂

collinstiffee
    Free Member

Next to Tarporley (?) But happy to drive. I didn’t book it…

Did you not fancy staying a bit further away from Jodrell Bank? Next time get whoever booked to look for a gaff in North Wales 😉

collinstiffee
    Free Member

😀 I can’t really comment. ..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Jodrell Bank. Any MTB within 60 miles?’ is closed to new replies.