Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Jocks at War with Tesco. I'm considering moving.
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

50 years ago you’d have to use up 33% of your income just on food, now it’s 15%
    I like that, it gives the working classes a better standard of life in many ways

Bless you and bless Tesco for all they have done for the poor of Britain. We rejoice uniformity of the tomatoes [ they may taste of nothing but lets be honest they look nice and last 3 weeks] and cost f all.

It is interesting to note that rationing had only just ended [ 3 years] at the time of the study and prices of milk have reduced by 25 % – surely we should thank farmers rather than Tesco for this- costs have reduced and they have passed this on to us whilst retaining their mark up.
    FWIW

Junkyard
    Free Member

Heres a thought instead of trying to make huge profits to satisfy the shareholder pension companies why not just pay people more, or offer them a decent company pension.

Much as I hate to say this the wage and the pension is not that bad compared to others int he private sector /this industry 8% employer contribution 4 % employee iirc.

dyna-ti

Is that one pack of cigarettes per week junkyard 😕

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Northwind

toys19 – Member

The same people that shop in supermarkets are the same ones complaining about crime, I think there is powerful link.

I think we all wait with bated breath.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I used to live in Whalley range and I still miss the great shops – especially the veg shops.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Jocks at War with Tesco. I'm considering moving.’ is closed to new replies.