Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • jockey wheels
  • petrieboy

The jockey wheels on my old 9 speed dura-ace 7700 rear mech are long overdue replacement. BBB or Trax are less than a 3rd of the price of direct replacement and eBay seems to be full of funky anodised ALU ones. Budget is rather an issue so if cheaper ones will give reasonable performance that would be my preference. What should I go for??

neilthewheel

BBB

hambl90
    Free Member

Tacx is what I went for when mine needed changing .

meehaja
    Free Member

I don’t mean to sound ignorant here, or like I’m having a go at you or anything… I was giving my commuter a bit of lube yesterday and I took the jockey wheels off my 105 rear mech. This does 100 miles a week, in all weather since 2008. I took the wheels apart and cleaned and lubed them, but how do they break exactly, or even wear out? Are mine worn out and I’ve not noticed? So long as they spin freely, surely its all good?

z1ppy

Worn out JW teeth look like mini ninja shuriken or are worn away to nothing but nubs… So if they look ‘normal’ & spin freely there fine.

Conan257
    Free Member

Bought some ano ones from ebay a while back, hundred or so offroad miles in all weather on them, no issues yet.

petrieboy

meehaja – Member
    I don’t mean to sound ignorant here, or like I’m having a go at you or anything… I was giving my commuter a bit of lube yesterday and I took the jockey wheels off my 105 rear mech. This does 100 miles a week, in all weather since 2008. I took the wheels apart and cleaned and lubed them, but how do they break exactly, or even wear out? Are mine worn out and I’ve not noticed? So long as they spin freely, surely its all good?

Teeth are worn such that with a new chain they don’t mesh properly so they are noisey. 10+ years service tho so can’t complain

madhouse

Replaced my worn out shimano ones with Tacx and they lasted all of nine months, got some shimano ones from bike-discount.de and while 5 or 6 quid more they have been worth every penny and lasted much longer.

dingabell
    Free Member

BBB

rockymerlin
    Free Member

Tacx from merlin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘jockey wheels’ is closed to new replies.