Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Japanese tourist spotting…..
  • piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

http://www.abbeyroad.com/crossing

There’ll be some along in 20 seconds

bruneep

people are stupid

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

There seem to bve some spectaulary stupid ones there at the moment

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Can’t help thinking I’m going to see a Darwin Award being earned if I stay watching

ryderredman
    Free Member

Haha straight away!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆 Brilliant!

brant
    Free Member

I could watch this all day.

bruneep

anyone close by want to cycle past and wave?

Jamie
    Free Member

Within 5 seconds.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

Clicked on it and there was one stood in the middle of the road, brilliant! 😀

McHamish
    Free Member

Blimey.

No wonder they want to remove the crossing.

crankboy
    Free Member

I just clicked on and there was a mass of them . I like the way none of the cars stop as you would normally if you saw pedestrians waiting.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Wow! That’s pretty bizarre.

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

I read somewhere that the ‘Abbey Road’ street sign has been mounted high up on a pole because it kept getting nicked

pk13

Is it a motoring offence if you don’t stop when people are waiting or just of they are on the crossing?

Edit one foot on the crossing and you must stop . Lots of bus drivers being naughty then 😯

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

Yeah it’s effectively a red light if someone is waiting to cross.

However if you waited for it to be clear you’d be there all day. I guess it’s like when sometimes the traffic lights crash. Eventually everyone works out what the deal is and just drives through the red when it’s safe to do so.

emsz
    Free Member

I’ve done that…. 😳

In my defence, it was very very early one morning, and there were no cars about.

I even took my shoes off, I was was being paul.

Don’t mock me 😀

butcher

That’s strangely fascinating. I bet they’d all feel like a bunch of Richards if they knew they were on webcam.

Heard something the other day about them wanting to put a lollipop lady man person there. I can see why now! Some seriously suspect driving. You can almost hear them shouting get out the way you Abbey Rd, tourist ****ers!!

BobaFatt
    Free Member

just watched it for a minute and only one car/bike/bus stopped for anyone on the crossing (there must have been 20 vehicles went through)

I can imagine how much of a PIA that must be

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Try checking back on a weekday around 17:30 when it’s busy. That’s when the real idiots are about!

It would be fair to say that most people that know the area, namely bus drivers and cabbies, tend to ignore that fact that it’s pedestrian crossing and just drive on through 😯

I’ve had one or two incidents there myself when I’ve been at work and driving past with blue lights and sirens going and the muppets still step out in front of you!

bazwadah
    Free Member

Ha, just watch a girl walk onto the crossing (stopping a cyclist and car), have her picture taken half way and then walk back to the same side she started from! they should have a microphone next to the crossing to catch the comments..

binners

If you want to spot a Japanese tourist, just go to the front of Old Trafford. Any time of day or night. It doesn’t matter. They’ll be there, taking each other’s photo in front of the ground.

They’ve now pedestrianised it. I presume to stoop people running them over

grum
    Free Member

Someone just moonwalked across. 🙂

mashiehood
    Free Member

I lived in 17 Abbey Road a few years ago and it was comedy value most of the time, walking by to find a long queue of traffic with a hoard of tourist blocking the crossing.

I lived there for 6 years and loved it.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Can’t stop watching and I don’t know why. If you turn your speakers up there’s a mic too.

Can we not organise an stw local to wave a banner/do a naked ride by (female of course)?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

P.s. Two Ferraris and a Vanquish in a few minutes, can’t be short of money round there.

br
    Free Member

Yeah it’s effectively a red light if someone is waiting to cross.

Only if they’ve actually stepped onto it.

aracer
    Free Member

That is strangely compelling viewing.

njee20
    Free Member

Someone’s waving at the camera now!

aracer
    Free Member

There’s something even more peculiar than normal going on over on the left – I wonder what they’re going to do with it.

…oh here we go…

eckinspain
    Free Member

I never knew there was a camera.
    My cycle commute takes me there every day.
    I’m happy to arrange a wave this evening!

aracer
    Free Member

They even have an archive, so you can go back and check the pictures of you waving

rogermoore

That is unbelievably addictive…
    RM.

AlexSimon

What’s the gig with that white board and frame?

aracer
    Free Member

That’s what I was talking about above – they took 10 or 15 minutes putting it together. Seems like they’re taking some sort of “panorama” of the crossing – and being even more dickish than most of the people there to do so.

DezB
    Free Member

How do we know it’s Abbey Road? The camera’s pointing the wrong way isn’t it?

rogermoore

Dunno, but it really radged some dude in a Bentley off and they floored it away and nearly hit a car turning right in front of the cenotaph thing! Mental!
    RM.

tomhoward

dunno, seems to be taking a pic of it, moving back a step taking another pic, stepping back, taking another, then repeat.

a lovely Audi R8 convertable has driven past along with bentleys and 911s, quite a good cam for car spotters too it seems!

sandwicheater

Hahahaha, someone just brought a full studio and set up in the middle of the road, light sheet thing and frame, brilliant!!

zokes
    Free Member

What are those goons doing with the screen?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Japanese tourist spotting…..’ is closed to new replies.