Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • James Cracknell gets hit by a truck in Arizona.
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member
    trailofdestruction
    Free Member

Doh ! I did look, honest guv.

Anyway, fractured skull doesn't sound good. Glad he's still alive. That is all.

highclimber
    Free Member

thats pretty bad. glad he seems to be ok

tonyg2003

I rode with him on the Londres-Paris last year. Seemed like a very nice guy while we chatted.

I hope that he's Ok. He was just getting over his polar frostbite (9 months on) when we rode together..

Amazingly strong guy though. Possibly the worst person to ever buy a second hand road bike from, he pummeled his bike. On each pedal stoke that whole bike flexed.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

At least he's out of danger and the truck driver called the Hospital to get help. Shame the idiot didn't see him on a clear road???

trail_rat
    Free Member

sorry to hear that- after dave bleumenthals death in the tour divide and now this i will certainly be taking even more care than i already do and even more when i go stateside on my bike !

Speedy recovery !

trail_rat
    Free Member

although "in an attempt to cross america" – what was he doing – riding across the us then doing the tour divide straight after – while simultaneously busting records ?

Aidan
    Free Member

Hope he gets better soon.

He was doing a run/bike/swim/row across the US… I was following his progress on Twitter but I had noticed the tweets drying up a few days ago.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Beaumont got run down
    Rach hit a truck
    Cracknell hit by truck
    Bleumenthal killed 🙁

I conclude that the merkins have it in for us.

highclimber
    Free Member

I conclude that the merkins have it in for us.

just cyclists – especially the police

Stormwind
    Free Member

Didn't rachel atherton get hit by a truck that swerved when she swerved a few times and ended up hitting her?

Seems to be happening a lot.

flipiddy
    Free Member

These guys were taken out by a truck stateside a week or so ago in a similar sort of incident. Very sad when you read about one of the guy's recovery from a very aggressive cancer…

http://www.cycleacrossamerica2010.com/

Stormwind
    Free Member

trekcol
    Free Member

Flippidy- too true- i was about to post the same. Sean got hit and underwent surgery on his spine yesterday, James is back home and should be back on his bike next week, still trying to break 100k fundraising though, inspirational stuff.

highclimber
    Free Member

As much of a selfish prick he can be sometimes (if you watch the antartica expedition he did you will know what I mean) you have to praise his, and ben fogle's efforts for the things they have done.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘James Cracknell gets hit by a truck in Arizona.’ is closed to new replies.