Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Jacket potato
  • hammy7272
    Free Member

Asked the Mrs if she wanted a spud cooking. I was told no salt and pepper or oil on the skin! What!

Sometimes I blitz in the micro wave then crisp in the oven. Beans, chilli flakes and cheese.

What are your rules and toppings?

sc-xc

Never microwave. Oil? you must be posh.

Best topping = cheese/spring onion/mayo with chilli

chvck
    Free Member

I only tend to cook them when I can’t be bothered to cook so usually do nothing to them, put in oven then cover in whatever is easy from the fridge/cupboard. I’m a fussy git, me 😉

creamegg
    Free Member

Nuke first to speed things up, then cover in oil and lots of salt and pepper.

Toppings:

Tuna mayo, beans with chilli sauce, cheese
    Cheese, coleslaw n beans again with chilli sauce

Wookster

Cheese beans fresh chopped chillies in the bean prior to cooking

Or

Tuna mayo with red onion, red and yellow peppers, chillies

Or

Above with cheese!

Butter comes as standard, skin must be crisped in oven!!

creamegg
    Free Member

Why never microwave!? Its still only a jacket potato at the end of the day. No point pretending its anything posher even if you cook it in the oven for hours

boxfish
    Free Member

Microwave spud is more of a base-layer potato than a jacket potato

shermer75
    Free Member

I like: microwave then oven with oil and salt on skin. Served with butter, sweet corn and fried egg on the side. Lovely!!

Kuco

Cooked nice and crispy then smothered in chilli with cheese on top.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Oven. Garlic butter. Feta. Chorizo.

CheesybeanZ

Cheesy beans with plenty of black pepper .

ThePinkster

A quick blast in the microwave to speed things up a bit after another late day in the office, then onto cone of salt placed on a baking tray, drizzled with olive oil to add a good bit of crispiness to the skin.

It’s got to be butter chopped into the spud then topped with a thin layer of Colliers finest cheddar, on top of which goes the beans, followed by a great dollop of cheddar again.

Chuck it back into the oven for a few moments to start the cheese melting then tuck in!

dannybgoode

Microwave == the work of the devil.

Don’t even have one in the house. Oven cook all the way for a good honest jacket spud but agree a good rubbing of olive oil and a bit of salt is the way forward

_tom_
    Free Member

I do mine for 10 mins in the microwave then finish it off (ooer) in the oven to crisp it. I’m weird though and only have sweet potato as I don’t think normal ones have as much flavour and afaik they’re nutritionally a bit shit. Toppings depends on my mood but can’t beat cheesy beans or tuna mayo. Sometimes coronation chicken or egg mayo if I have any.

Oh and salt on the skin before it goes in the oven.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Microwave if I want them done yesterday. All other times done in the oven preferably done a low light for hours on end until the middles caramelise.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Jacket potato’ is closed to new replies.