Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I've really broken my new Forks. Help!
  • bigdan6
    Free Member

Fox Float RLC FIT Kashima…

Tried to service them myself…

I’ve over tightened the foot bolt and it’s snapped the rebound piston-rod thingy…

Bugger. Will mojo be able to fix it? Will it cost a lot?

(I actually had a little cry in the garage or was it oil in my eye 🙁

legend
    Free Member

Yeah can be fixed, but you’ll be buying a new damper. Do not expect it to be cheap

steveh

You’ll need to buy that bit of the damper only not a whole one assuming it’s like it was when i did the same to some 36’s.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Yes,VERY yes.

legend
    Free Member

You’ll need to buy that bit of the damper only not a whole one assuming it’s like it was when i did the same to some 36’s.

might be lucky then. I did the same to some very old 125 Rs, needed a damper (I got lucky and got a 2nd hand one off TF Tuned though)

rickon
    Free Member

Have a word with Loco from the forums, http://www.locotuning.co.uk; he may be able to sort out a solution for you.

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have done something similar, ruined the threads at the bottom of my rebound damper (36 van r.)Give LoCo a ring, i’m going to send in my damper and he is replacing the base valve (parts around £25), so you may be luckyish too.

enfht
    Free Member

Now buy a torque wrench 😐

enfht
    Free Member

Now buy a decent torque wrench 😐

The suggested torque is so low you’ll always overtighten without one imo.

bigdan6
    Free Member

Thanks for the comments guys.

Can anyone recommend a torque wrench which will do the job and not cost he earth?

t-p26
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a torque wrench which will do the job and not cost he earth?

You didnt scrimp on bike parts so why scrimp on bike tools?
    Buy a half decent one and do ther job properly….. 😉

james
    Free Member

I like my BBB one. The supplied allen key heads (and Torx25) all seem much better fit than any other tools I’ve tried (including park tool)

honourablegeorge

I’ve done that to a mate’s fork. Repair didn’t cost any more than a service.

bigdan6
    Free Member

T-p26: thanks. Do you have experience with a torque wrench ? Which one do you have ?

Honourablegeorge: cheers mate. Made me feel better that it’s not going to cost the earth.

Lummox

Did the same to some talas’s, sent the damping unit off and had the offending article replaced by mojo. Wasn’t eye wateringly expensive either.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thread resurrection!

ive just done this today, glad im not alone 😆

have emailed si, awaiting a reaply!

what sort of cost was it in the end? i have also snapped off the rebound rod too, along with obviously the outer screw shaft….

any ideas on pricing? was it a whole new fit damper, or just a part of it?

cheers! put me out of my misery pleaaaaase 🙁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I've really broken my new Forks. Help!’ is closed to new replies.