Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • i've just gone and done something stupid ;-)
  • racefaceec90

have just ordered one of these (2012 wethepeople zodiac titan 20″) 😯
    right i have to admit that my bike skillz are absolutely non existent (i’m not joking 😳
    i have wanted to buy a bmx (just for messing around on.trying to learn trackstanding,bunnyhopping,wheelies,small jumps e.t.c) for a while.then reading the recent thread about getting a bmx just igniting the flame a bit more 😉
    i rang the bike shop i go to,just to enquire about the prices of 2 bikes i had my eye on (a mongoose culture,and the aforementioned bmx).
    well i had to admit that my heart went to the zodiac (as soon as i saw a pic of it.it’s just a beautiful looking bike 😀 😳
    WHAT HAVE I DONE! 😆
    people will expect me to be able to get big air/backflipping e.t.c 😯
    i’m going to be laughed at by 10 year old’s now (i’m 37).
    ah sod it,i’m really looking forward to riding it 😀
    all pi$$ taking welcome e.t.c. although i might have to book a course with jedi sometime (after i’ve paid the bike off/that will take a few months 😳

soobalias
    Free Member

get jedi to put you in contact with atkins and spend a day at the bike park in corby.

onandon
    Free Member

Corrrr, nice looking bike Mr.

nothing wrong with a bmx age 37 🙂 Im 36 and ride a Curtis Dirt jump bike for giggles. Also had a Haro DB44 Race BMX a year or so ago.
    ENJOY!

organic355
    Free Member

are you gonna put stunt nuts on it?

Geez a back steppy haem will yeez?

flange
    Free Member

Jesus wept – your first BMX and you spend 450 notes on it. I mean, I like spending money but fair play….

Ooohhhhh, and

trackstanding,bunnyhopping,wheelies,small jumps e.t.c

Neither of these will be much fun on a BMX..

racefaceec90

thanks everyone for your replies (non pi$$taking 🙂
    ( coughs! i can’t actually afford it 😳 coughs!) the owner of the shop though is a really decent guy.he said that i could order it now/they wouldn’t have any left in a month or so.
    you only live once e.t.c 😉

flange
    Free Member

The reason I know how much it costs is because based on your picture I decided I want one and immediately when on AlansBMX. It’s lovely, I’m a very jealous man.

honourablegeorge

Brakeless is an interesting choice for a beginner

_tom_
    Free Member

Nice one 🙂 soon you’ll probably wonder why you bothered with overpriced and oversized mtb shite.

racefaceec90

oh believe me it will have at least 1 brake fitted to it 😆 i think it actually comes with a rear brake (they just hadn’t fitted it in photo).
    i will try my best to do it some justice (lack of skill excepted). although if anyone asks me to try the half pipe in bath,i will politely decline 😳

tracknicko
    Free Member

good luck.

20″ is DAMN difficult to ride…

but as a result you will ride your mtb like a god as it suddenly becomes the most stable bike you have ever swung a leg over.

honourablegeorge

I’d quite like one myself, as it goes – can’t justify one that expensive (I know you can’t either….:)).

Anyone know what’s half decent for smaller money on CRC?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😉

Lifer
    Free Member

I got a Specialized Vegas for £25 from southerndownhill.com (or whatever it’s called now)

It’s ugly as sin but still 10x the bike I need.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve just ordered myself a sweet ride too

See ya down the skate park dude 😀

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

OK then, while we’re having a wethepeople confessional, I bought one of these at the weekend…

I’d have preferred a matt black bike because the last thing I need is a bike that shouts “LOOK AT ME!” but hey-ho…it was a good price and an itch I need to scratch.

Red lacquer finish is lush…too lush 😛

Back brake sequels like a strangled cat, what can I do about that? I’ll try some toe-in, clean the rims and different pads (clear in at the mo’)…any other tips? Other than loose the back brake!

Weird to ride, need to practice more…found it surprisingly hard to bunnyhop!

ashfanman
    Free Member

Very nice indeed. I haven’t ridden BMX since I was about eight and every time I see bikes like that I get a hankering!

And really don’t worry about being too old, not good enough, etc. So long as you enjoy riding it, that’s all that matters. Have fun!

DezB
    Free Member

every time I see bikes like that I get a hankering!

Easy!

mamadirt
    Free Member

He he, I just knew as soon as I saw the thread title 😀 . Enjoy!!! . . . and I can confirm that Eclat midnight teal parts are drop dead gorgeous should you feel the need to upgrade 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘i've just gone and done something stupid ;-)’ is closed to new replies.