Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I've got a big fat one and now I need a (starts with "f")
  • epicyclo

Endomorph tyre arrived today, and I don't have a frame or fork to fit yet.

This state of affairs cannot last, watch this space for some extreme bodging. 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

shows an interesting sense of priorities …

paul78
    Free Member

Had a Larry and an Endomorph complete with 100mm rims sitting in my garage for near 3 months… frame is on the horizon and should be with me within a few weeks.. give or take a few weeks for paint and build i'll be fully fat in a month 😛

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

STOP!!! – you're spoiling my niche 😉

paul78
    Free Member

No niche for me just the best solution to racing on snow.. tried the 2.5" tyre on a normal frame way and its just not the same.

epicyclo

I've tried it in every fork I have in the place. Didn't expect it to fit, but hope springs eternal etc…

No room in On-One by epicyclo, on Flickr

coastkid
    Free Member

endo`s fit in Bontrager 29er carbon forks- i dont know there model name, and for suspension the Maverick SC32, there has been a lefty fitted to a pug too but the axle required some fancy lathe work 😮
    best reg on MTBR and post up any questions on the Fatbike Forum, real nice guys over there who will be happy to help you out with any part queries 😮

epicyclo

I have a solution in mind. A real bodger in a shed job.

I will have a usable fork tomorrow come what may…

Photos will be taken 🙂

(I'm on MTBR – just a different name because I lost my original name here in the Great Data Debacle)

coastkid
    Free Member

as a thought…the old 2002ish 6" junior T fork could be used if you got a engineer/custom motorcycle dude to turn you some wider or offset yokes and thru axle to suit, but need a frame to suit a 6 " fork, i do have a old super v hanging up that with a refabricated swingarm could become a full suss fatbike :mrgreen:

epicyclo

I've got a fine collection of dead frames that will be organ donors for my Frankenstein 🙂

What I would like to is get my hands on is a busted carbon frame for some creative surgery. I don't suppose anyone has one lying around unwanted?

More good news – my 100mm rims have been despatched.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I've got a big fat one and now I need a (starts with "f")’ is closed to new replies.