Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • It's getting harder.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

I think age might be creeping up on me. 8-hour daily rides are becoming a thing of the past.

I'm doing, on average, 5-6 hours these days and feel exhausted at the end of the ride and absolutely knackered next day – aches and pains unreleaved by stretching are only curable now as long as the neurofen works…

When that stops, I guess there'll be a nice Orange5 for sale and I'll take up walking just to get out there.

😥

grumm
    Free Member

8 hours riding a day? No wonder you are knackered. 😉

Pook

Get a job you layabout scrounger.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry – I don't mean I'm riding 8 hours every day! Badly put. I mean when I used to go out on one, it was a day ride of 8 hours…

Oops.

😳

uplink
    Free Member

You'll have to get out with all the old boys on the road – who seem to be able to ride all day with nothing more than a 1/4 oz of shag & a pocketful of Werthers Originals

I_Ache
    Free Member

Dont think I've ever managed an 8 hour ride and Im 'only' 27! I ache after 3 or 4 hours. 😳

GW
    Free Member

Call yourself a mountain biker? if you're out for 8 hours, 4 of that is meant to be taken up by talking shit, eating and faffing about?

ahwiles
    Free Member

don't forget taking photo's, and 'sessioning' things.

my rides last about 2 hours, at least 1hr30mins of that isn't actually on the bike.

epicyclo

Ha, I have to train to stay as slow as I was the year before

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘It's getting harder.’ is closed to new replies.