Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • it has been decided!!! (road bike content)
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Morning
    so after having had a ride with rob jackson (great morning in the hills cheers rob) i have decided that i really dont need to upgrade my frame to full sus (maybe a dropper post tho)… i need to upgrade my fitness so a road bike is in the works.
    it is going to be a cannondale synapse as i will be riding distance but not racing. i cant, however, decide on tiagra or 105.
    what do people think?????
    cheers

titusrider
    Free Member

105, if something is worth doing its worth doing properly…

(105 level cannondale (six) owner)

My logic is that it means you will pretty much never ‘need’ to change STI’s brakes etc and if you want to upgrade further on just do the wheels and you have a v smart bike all of a sudden

Kryton57

A fair few of those ‘dales on Paul’s Cycles at the moment on special offer.

There’s a CAAD 8 105 on there for £799.

I ride with Tiagra 10sp and its fine for me, reliable, easy and accurate (not withstanding any of my other wittering road bike threads 😀 )

flange
    Free Member

105 – I’ve got it on one of my bikes, 7900 dura ace on the other and there’s bugger all difference. It’s personal preference, but I much prefer the feel of the 105 levers to the older external cable style levers.

daftvader
    Free Member

it’ll be comming from pedal on so I get the podium points… negates most discounts and they are just up the road for any issues. I guess its all about asthetics ‘v’ upgrades at the end of the day

monksie
    Free Member

I got a 2012 Cannondale Supersix 105 last month from Paul’s Cycles. £1499. I love it.
    I have Tiagra on the Kenesis T2 winter trainer, 105 on the Cannondale and Ultegra on the Focus Mares disc ‘cross bike.
    I’d have 105 on all of them. I prefer it to the Ultegra. More positive shifting, Ultegra is smooth but I prefer the definite feel of 105 and it’s much more comfy than Tiagra.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘it has been decided!!! (road bike content)’ is closed to new replies.