Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • It feels like I've given up….
  • metalheart
    Free Member

Just finished fettling/tidying up the Rocket for its imminent onwards sale to a mate.

I’ve ridden it precisely once in the last year, it’s taking up room (currently residing in my bedroom, you can tell I’m single) and jacking up my household insurance cost.

Oh in so many ways, I’ve given up haven’t i?

iolo
    Free Member

Yes

weeksy

why though ?

weeksy

why though ?

gavstorie
    Free Member

Go wax your mangina.. It will make you feel better 🙂

roverpig

Maybe, but on the plus side it’s a bloody stupid activity anyway, so you’re not missing much 🙂

binners

If you’ve only ridden it once when the weather’s been as good as this year, then there really is no point in owning it

Now either leave your blue ‘P’ at the door as you leave, or whey not buy something stupid like a fat bike, and just go out and have some fun 😀

taxi25
    Free Member

If the rocket is your only mtb, and you’ve only ridden it once in the last year. Well you gave up a year ago really 🙁

chakaping
    Free Member

Selling your only Mtb?

No problem sir, just move over there to the chat forum and commence arguing about coffee, shaving, hi-fi cables or politics. You won’t be lonely.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i was in the same position with my road bike last year/beginning of this one, did sub 600km on it last year and up until probably March this year, thought about selling it, then something clicked, just gone past 7500km this year on it

metalheart
    Free Member

If you’ve only ridden it once when the weather’s been as good as this year, then there really is no point in owning it

Yes, that’s my reasoning too.

metalheart
    Free Member

If the rocket is your only mtb, and you’ve only ridden it once in the last year. Well you gave up a year ago really

It’s not, but other bikes haven’t had much use either. I guess, using your logic, really I gave up two years ago.

metalheart
    Free Member

No problem sir, just move over there to the chat forum and commence arguing about coffee, shaving, hi-fi cables or politics. You won’t be lonely.

God, I hadn’t realised it had gotten as bad as that!

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Try a different discipline? MTB isn’t for everyone, try road/cx/track there’s plenty of other things to have a go at.
    Don’t worry about it anyway, if you get the bug again, buy something S/H so you’re not splashing too much cash & get out with some mates for a laugh.

righog
    Free Member

Wait until it’s sunny but cold.

Wear appropriate clothing.

Go out for ride. by yourself, for about 1.5 hours, on a favourite track.

If you don’t enjoy at least some of the ride find something else to do.

chip
    Free Member

Don’t sell it to a friend, as you will regret it every time you see them togeather, in bars, nightclubs and even around town. And when you see how happy they are togeather you will remember the good times and wish you were still togeather and wish you had not neglect it but instead cherished it and had ridden it at least every other weekend before giving it a good rub down with a soapy sponge.

Stick it in the classifieds.

metalheart
    Free Member

Well, that was quick!

Gues that’s me then.

chip
    Free Member

If you are not hard up for the cash, keep your bike.
    You may feel the love in the future.

nickc

when you buy a bike, you don’t actually have to promise to ride it a specific number of times per month, you know?

If you don’t feel like it, it’s fine, go do something else for a bit. One day though, you come home, go out for an hour on the bike, and that’ll be it, hooked all over again.

digga
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    when you buy a bike, you don’t actually have to promise to ride it a specific number of times per month, you know?

It’s irresponsible owners, with attitudes like your’s and the OP’s that will see the bicycle licence re-introduced. Heartless bastards.

A bicycle is for life, not just Christmas.

takisawa2

Some difficult times ahead of you sell to a mate…
    “When she was with you did she do that thing with her…” etc etc.
    Not going to end well.

Keep it.
    Do something else till the love comes back.
    Cos it will.

Lawmanmx
    Free Member

Dirty stinking Quitter!
    Go watch some more telly for the rest of yer miserable Existence or something useful like that, HTH 😉
    Harsh???? 😆

rOcKeTdOg

I didn’t think anyone actually rode their bike on this forum anyway? Just polish it & take photos of it in front of the sofa/woodburner/mancave surely?

DaRC_L

Just polish it & take photos of it in front of the of a/woodburner/mancave surely?

Can you ride it in your mancave after you’ve given it a quick polish?

metalheart
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/pTX7V2]Rocket to go…. #1[/url] by Metalheart-UK, on Flickr

chip
    Free Member

Tsk, have a word with yourself.
    your mate is a lucky chap, and I hope he treats better than you ever did by getting it really dirty.

kayla1
    Free Member

Why not sell it and buy something cheaper and simpler (SS hardtails/beaters FTW in this instance!) in case you fancy a potter out around the doors? That ^^ looks like something you might have to drive to a place to ride it which isn’t really conducive to a spur of the moment, jeans and trainers, ride to the shop blat out in the fresh air 😀

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘It feels like I've given up….’ is closed to new replies.