Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Issue with goods bought from forum – any re-address
  • samsibke
    Free Member

Hi

I bought some boots from the forum, which were used but not abused and definately waterproof.

I have used them a few times and unfortunately they are anything but waterproof. They have also now proceeded to fall apart.

Do I have re-address with the seller?

Or is it buyer beware with a private sale?

thanks

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Name shame and pitchforks!!

At all costs don’t get in touch with the seller first.

Start drinking lots of tea so you can wee in all hit shoes!!

Drac

Are these the ones you’re selling yourself?

cynic-al
    Free Member

If they weren’t described accurately then you have a claim for your loss. You have contacted the seller?

hilldodger
    Free Member

I would think you have a strong moral claim but unless the seller decides to cooperate you’ve been kippered…..

IHN

You could by all means talk to the seller, but I doubt you could make them move house.

Or is it buyer beware with a private sale?

Well, without meaning to be narky, of course it bloody is 🙄

shortcut

So – you bought them, they were delivered, unpacked them, accepted them by wearing them a few times and now want to sen them back??

It’s not a shop – if you had an issue before wearing them fair enough – but now – come on.

BTW – it wasn’t me that sold them!

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

A quick look at the OPs forum activity would indicate that this may turn into an epic thread!

diablocableguy

Contact the seller, ask nicely, not much else you can do. (Making the assumption that it’s not one of the pairs you sold. 😉 )

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A quick look at the OPs forum activity would indicate that this may turn into an epic thread!

It’s like waiting for christmas, or talking a ladyfriend out for dinner and realising she’s put her nice underwear on, but at the same time!

DezB
    Free Member

Hmm. Just might be…

OP – Have you heard of Ebay? 😆

Pook

were they described as waterproof?

grum
    Free Member

I have used them a few times and unfortunately they are anything but waterproof.

You mean your feet got wet when you wore them, or that the material actually isn’t waterproof? Unless you’re also wearing waterproof socks and trousers waterproofing on cycling shoes is about as much use a chocolate fireguard.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

If they are just starting to fall apart, I’d shift them quick on this forum. Get a for sale post up, then also start another topic about how the boots are crap.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You mean your feet got wet when you wore them, or that the material actually isn’t waterproof? Unless you’re also wearing waterproof socks and trousers waterproofing on cycling shoes is about as much use a chocolate fireguard.

I got some northwave celcius GTX boots, they’ve been waterproof so far, proably not so good if it’s pissind down or you need to cross a river, but they stay dry for the usualy british winter riding and walking trhough puddles.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I do hope that the OPs for sale thread containing Northwave Boots
    bought HERE for £25 and for sale HERE for £35 aren’t the same pair…..
    So not only are you knowlingly selling duff knackered boots, you’re trying to make a profit as well.
    I do hope this is a terrible mix up……. 😕

khani
    Free Member

😯 😆 LOL!!!… 😆

robh

Size 46 bought size 45 for sale, don’t like to spoil a good witch hunt.

grum
    Free Member

proably not so good if it’s pissind down

It’s always pissing down.

yunki
    Free Member

Size 46 bought size 45 for sale

irrelevant.. a minor detail.. where’s my pitchfork..? 😈

nwgiles

ordered two left shoes

got one right and one left delivered

this is disgusting

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Issue with goods bought from forum – any re-address’ is closed to new replies.