Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • ISCG – can i drill new holes to make it fit ISCG 05
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Got a new frame coming with 05 mount, can i drill new holes in my ISCG stinger to make it fit?

househusband

Is it really worth it (drilling, tapping – invalidating warranty?) over the cost of buying a new Stinger?

http://www.e13components.com/iscg_explained.html

seanodav
    Free Member

He wants to drill the hole in the stinger no?
    cant see why not if they are far enough apart from the old holes

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

It can be done. But its a bit of a pain and the final result isnt great. You can drill the holes to fit ISCG05 fine, but because they need to be countersunk you end up removing most of the material between your drilled holes and the original ISCG holes/slots. I did it to my old SRS and used it for a while with no issues, but i woudn’t say it is an ideal solution. I will try and find a photo, that might explain it better.

DeeW
    Free Member

I think he’s on about drilling the Stinger not drilling and tapping the frame.

You may well be able to drill new holes, depending on if there’s enough metal on the backplate: ISCG05 are further out from the BB than ISCGold I think. Difficulty is probably going to be ‘countersinking’ the bolt holes so the bolts don’t foul that stupid granny ring of yours: there’s not a lot of clearance in there.

BTW Did you know all the cool kids are going 1×10! It’s the future: it said so in Dirt.

DeeW
    Free Member

beaten to it..

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Ok, found a picture. Now i’ve looked at it again it actually looks worse than i remember, there really isnt much left between the holes. May not have been my smartest move. 🙄

STATO
    Free Member

Well considering the original ‘holes’ are actually slots id not worry about the thin bit between your new holes and the existing slots, as long as you dont want to go back to ISCG that is.

robdob
    Free Member

The stingers seem to still sell for a decent amount 2nd hand, at least 50% so I’d sell it and get a new one, might only cost £10 which I reckon is good to remove the faff and potential disaster of drilling.

househusband

Doh! Misread the OP’s post – sorry!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘ISCG – can i drill new holes to make it fit ISCG 05’ is closed to new replies.