Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • ISA loses 25% in 6 months – what to do
  • WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I have just had my 6 month statement for an ISA and it has lost 25% of its value in the last 6 months!

1) Do I get the money out and put it somewhere else – if so where?
    2) Do I leave it there and hope it recovers?
    3) Do I ignore the financial problems and shag an under-age Italian prostitute?

bonj
    Free Member

get a cash isa rather than a maxi one you greedy git.

5lab

depends when you need the money. Long term, stocks normally out perform cash. Short term, they are too variable to predict. If its a retirement fund or some other long term goal, leave it in there.

Presumably its a stocks and shares isa? I had one once, got burned. I’ll only go that way again if I have significant money to invest (unlikely whilst I have a mortgauge)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

3) Do I ignore the financial problems and shag an under-age Italian prostitute?

It’s the way of the world. Embrace it.

binners

Buy Greece

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh we had a couple of stocks and shares isss once, never again. At least if it’s in a standard bank account your capital is safe.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I cashed my investment isa in days before the markets tumbled when they were near their peak, purely by chance and a rather large credit card bill! Think I made about 25%.

Looks like its time to re-invest again.

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Start preparing for the world to resemble Mad Max. Learn some survival skills and how to be more self sufficient. An ISA will be the least of your worries 😉

mefty
    Free Member

What are you invested in, when was the valuation? Markets have been very volatile because of the Euro crisis, lost more than 16% but has recovered nearly three quarters of that. Whether it will maintain that is another matter.

Image linking not working.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘ISA loses 25% in 6 months – what to do’ is closed to new replies.