Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Is Your Bike(s) Worth More Than Your Car?
  • andykirk
    Free Member

Yes.

nant
    Free Member

Yes

cp

Yes, by some way

Northwind

Yes. I only really got the car to haul bikes around. My car is close to worthless but I like it and can’t see any reason to spend more

Bregante

Good god yes. And that’s not to say my bikes were particularly expensive either.

jimw
    Free Member

No, combined value roughly 40%

davros

Yes, as confirmed when i sold my car on Monday. Now I’m thinking I probably should have made my mind up about a new car before I sold 😕

My new car will be worth more than my bike.

Wally

Yes. Although all are currently worthless with a leg in plaster. Health is priceless.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nope

ashweee
    Free Member

I think the petrol in my car is worth more than the car so yes the bike is worth a lot more.

lunge

Well, I don’t own a car so n/a. However my wife does own a car and very much yes, though that may say more about her car than our bikes…

chakaping
    Free Member

Bikes plural, yes by a long way.

Not individually unless you count the new prices.

idiotdogbrain
    Free Member

Yes. Which is why the bikes live in the house and the cars are on the street..

thecaptain
    Free Member

well i’d struggle to sell the (custom/niche) bikes for much but they would certainly cost well over twice the cost of the van to replace.

Harry_the_Spider

Nein.

racefaceec90

i don’t have a car so yes

andykirk
    Free Member

This IS refreshing news!

I suppose it does make sense though, I mean why would you waste money on a car when you could buy a nice bicycle instead. I don’t think I would waste spend money on a nice car unless I was making 100K plus a year, which let’s face it isn’t about to happen. Or maybe I am just too posh….. because as we all know proper posh people always drive the crappest cars oh yah…

Kuco

No

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Yes both bikes even individually worth more than my car. Collectively worth more than Mrs GC car. I drive the banger and Wife and Child take the better/decent one.
    Inspired by another thread a month or so ago I am selling my car and just using the bike and having the one family car. My banger sits on the drive and gets used 1/2 times a week maximum.

tonyg2003

Definitely not!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Combined value, yes. New for old value, definitely yes.

Car is just there to transport bike stuff and commute (sadly not rideable commute).

onandon
    Free Member

I have 12 bikes and no car, so yes.
    However, in a few weeks the new car will be delivered and it will be a no.

connect2

Collective bikes worth more than both cars!

dpfr

Not if Mrs dpfr is asking!

matt_outandabout

Sadly, no.

Klunk
    Free Member

as I don’t own a car then yes.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Think even my winter road bike is worth more than my car. And that’s only a Spesh Allez

andykirk
    Free Member

Didn’t know Specialized made cars as well.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nee.
    Nej.
    Ingen.

oink1
    Free Member

Not as expensive as one, more than t’other 🙂

funkmasterp

I think so yes. Car is a battered old Zafira that’s basically a child carrying device. Down to one bike, but I still reckon it’s worth more than the car.

Daffy

Combined – yes.

kerley
    Free Member

Bike is in single figure % of value of car. I like very simple bikes which even when built up nicely are still relatively cheap.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

“Worth” is tricky to quantify. Is that what I paid? Is it the RRP? Is it their residual value?
    I have one bike that’s worth £1850, about £600 or just under a grand depending on which you want to take.
    The car would have been about £20k new, we paid £2400 and it’s probably worth £1750 now.
    So that one bike might be worth more than the car or it might not……
    Now ask me which I’d rather have nicked? The car easily. 🙂

firestarter
    Free Member

I have three bikes and we have two cars

One bike is worth more than both cars put together

Another bike is worth more than my car

And the last bike is worth more than the wives car

That’s at the prices I paid and still stands with used prices of bikes taken into account now too

P.s I also actually have a forth bike which is a 1995 cinder cone that is worth more than any car. (kind of :D)

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

No (if I’m being honest and use second-hand values of both).

deviant
    Free Member

Yep, car is an old Passat 1.9tdi for £750….god knows what the bikes have cost, the last one was £2,200 in January.

Sad, very sad I know.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

About evens at the mo, both bikes and car are crap.(except my 29er hardtail, which is amazeballs, but still only worth maybe 5-600 second hand)

bobgarrod
    Free Member

yes

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yes. Car on 230k miles now and maybe worth £500 scrap. So not actually saying that much about the value of my bikes which are mostly built of sh bits.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Is Your Bike(s) Worth More Than Your Car?’ is closed to new replies.