Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Is TJ about?
  • Zedsdead
    Free Member

I know you are a nurse. I need a bit of advice about how to remove stitches…

sc-xc

You need to start a thread about helmets. He can sniff ’em out.

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve not seen him anywhere. But then I’ve not realy been looking TBH.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I think he’s in the pub tonight…according to another thread.

uplink
    Free Member

I’ve probably taken more out than he has 🙂

just snip the knots off & pull the ends out – don’t try to pull the knots though
    I’ve had them a couple of times where it appears to be just a single thread tied at one end, if you have these just cut down the middle & pull the bits out

rs
    Free Member

practice on your clothes first!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

thanks uplink.

I had to get a dodgy mole cut out and they took a fair chunk out of me. Thing is, I’m in India so no chance of a sterile enviroment but they need to come out.

Got to do it myself as I had to come out here for work before I could go to my doc. Thus I need to do it myself….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

He’s a mental nurse anyway. Spends a lot of time looking after people with injuries from not wearing helmets.

uplink
    Free Member

Got to do it myself ………..

That pretty much where all my experience has come from 🙂

I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve been stitched up – I’ve never once gone back to get them out

EDIT: Sharp, pointy scissors or a scalpel blade & a steady hand are a good idea

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    He’s a mental anyway

Fixed that for you. 😉

geetee1972
    Free Member

A mate of mine’s dad has a stomache operation recently. He was recovering at home and coughed badly and burst his stitches causing his intestines to spill out. It was pretty traumatic and they actually had to get the fire brigade to remove his bedroom window in order to get him out of the house because they had to keep him horizontal.

user-removed
    Free Member

Easiest way is to pour a small amount of lighter fluid over the area, set it on fire and wait for the stitches to melt away. Also cauterizes the wound, so double-value!

Houns

😯

Any Zed as mentioned elsewhere MTFU and sterilise the kit with booze/fire 😡

Zedsdead
    Free Member

booze is ordered. Sharp blade is here.

Lets cut!

Junkyard
    Free Member

update you are not horizontal are you and unable to type for help

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Is TJ about?’ is closed to new replies.