Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • is there much differance slx or saint brakes
  • milkyman
    Free Member

I have slx brakes on my bike and thinking about getting some shimano saints, brakes are ok but not super stopping power, im not a skinny fella and I know it takes a lot to slow 17 stone down, so are the saints any much better
    thanks

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Yes they are. More, modulated, power.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I find mine inconsistent, good brakes mind but the lever travel is all over the place. The avid x0 trails on my dh bike on the other hand are superb.
    EDIT I dont know how they compare price wise, but assuming similar, I would pick the avids every time.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I found the Zee brakes a step up in power and modulation over my previous XT brakes. I’d say it’s a worthwhile upgrade.

But I thought my Deores were better than my XT’s too. A friend found similar too….his Deore brakes were less trouble than his SLX.

mikey74
    Free Member

Yes, a big difference. There is also a noticeable difference between Zee and Saint.

In some ways, Saints are almost too powerful: I’ve just gone from Zee to Saints (and SLX before that) and initially I was slower because I kept on over braking. However, it didn’t take long before I adapted to the extra power and now the feel and lightness of touch required is incredible.

rocketman
    Free Member

Yeah Saints feel like SLX/Deore/XT up to a point and then you squeeze them a bit harder and its like a stick through the spokes

mikey74
    Free Member

I remember my first test ride around the block after fitting them: I nearly went over the bars on a flat bit of road :mrgreen:

lardman
    Free Member

My 18st of lard would miss my Zee’s if i didnt have them. On my hardtail i run XT’s, and i really notice the lack of deep ‘bite’ when you really slam on the anchors.

Never ridden saints, but i dont think they could feel that much different, as they are the same housings etc:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘is there much differance slx or saint brakes’ is closed to new replies.