Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Using iphone for mp3 player…?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have some bluetooth headphones I’d like to use when out walking, thing is my phone battery wears down v quickly and I need to be reachable at all times.

Only have an iPod shuffle with 2GB looking so was looking for something new or used fro around £40-50 that will do the job ie

Good battery life
    8GB or more pref lots more

*Edit – thinks: might be better to stick to phone as then will hear calls (doh) as vibrate not always detectable. Dont fancy stowing anker power bank plus charging cable, maybe look at new battery – any idea how long music plays via bluetooth on a new iPhone 5 battery?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Ipod nano 16gb for £75 might be over budget?

DezB
    Free Member

iPhone 5 battery life is much better than the 4. [edit]Ah, I see you’re comparing a new battery to an old battery in the 5. I put a new battery in my 4 and it made no difference, so not sure if that would help.
    Maybe get one of those extender charger things?
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QKD1B2W typa deal

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

iPhone 5 battery life is much better than the 4.

Yeah its weird I replaced the (used) 4 with a (used) 5 and note the 5 battery life is appreciably worse. Better half got the 4 until recently when replaced with a (again used) 5 and finds herself turning everything off to get through a day (couple of texts, few phone calls) when the 4 lasted a day and a half with stuff on in the background.

jam-bo

there was a recall on a batch of 5’s for poor battery life.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Thnks for the tip Jambo. Ran both our 5s through the Apple serial check to see if valid in the scheme but no joy.

Might just buy a battery and see how it goes, better half’s is the worst as it went from 70% to low battery warning during one short call. It then powered itself off. This morning at 100%, took a handful of pics and it again ran down in a minute or so then powered itself off

jam-bo

that’s clearly faulty. water ingress?

try wysiwyg on here for battery replacements. quick turnaround and good prices.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Using iphone for mp3 player…?’ is closed to new replies.