Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)
  • Is the C word the most offensive word
  • vario_99
    Free Member

I’m interested to hear other peoples views on profanity. Personally i cringe on hearing the “C” word – one that sounds like “shunt” and cannot think of a more offensive word. Not including racist/homophobic words.

Discuss.

loddrik
    Free Member

I find ‘tory’ quite offensive.

tollah
    Free Member

I find ‘gears’ offensive.

tazzymtb

God

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

“Tax”, if you’re Tory.

loddrik
    Free Member

If I really thought low of someone I’d probably call them an ‘iDave’, though that is probably enough to reduce them to tears…

scaredypants

recently, a g word other than god

(must admit, the line in Kickass raised an eyebrow, though)

kimbers

whenever tony soprano dropped the c-bomb he made it sound very nasty

julianwilson
    Free Member

The word ‘austerity’ can kiss my £$%@>?+~#()& ^%&*^%^%&!!!! etc.

grum
    Free Member

‘Southerner’

project
    Free Member

Got to be the b word, Bliar.

ken_shields
    Free Member

tollah – Member
    I find ‘gears’ offensive.

LOL

backhander
    Free Member

wash your mouth out project!

Junkyard
    Free Member

I hate the c word
    cross bike shudders
    Remember kids gears is offensnive but someone with good gear is not

terrahawk
    Free Member

I try not to use it. So it must be reaaaallllly bad.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

The ‘c’ word can’t be said with any conviction by Americans.

Or southerners.

project
    Free Member

backhander – Member
    wash your mouth out project!

Posted 2 minutes ago # Report-Post

apologies for the gratuitous use of the b word, as penance i may well move his book to some other dept in the capitalist bookshop.

loddrik
    Free Member

All swear words are great, I use them all with careless abandon.

TBH, more offensive than c*** would be it’s more formal relative, beginning with v..

partyboy
    Free Member

I dont know why the c word is considered so offensive, I only really avoid it when in the presence of women or at work.

MentalMickey
    Free Member

The P word as in Gary Glitter is probably one of the most offensive words, used as an insult on forums quite often to antagonise.

walla24
    Free Member

Its SCONE (LIKE STONE) grrrrrrrrrr!

StirlingCrispin

Your Mum!

A fun book on this subject is, “Filthy English: The How, Why, When and What of Everyday Swearing” by Peter Silverton.

He says the c-word is the most offensive but the above can bring today’s kids to tears.

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

I don’t find the C word overly offensive in its own right, but it really really annoys me when people (mainly Scots) punctuate their sentences with it.
    I tend to ignore anything such people say…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

“The P word as in Gary Glitter”

Pretty? Thank you very much! 😳

MentalMickey
    Free Member

GlitterGary – Member
    “The P word as in Gary Glitter”

Pretty? Thank you very much!

Thankfully for you, you are Glitter Gary, which ain’t the same as Gary Glitter. 😉

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I love the c word, it’s especially good when used behind the wheel of your car.

dans160
    Free Member

It’s just a word, a tad ruder than most but just a word.

stanfree
    Free Member

I dont personaly find it offensive as at my work (Rail industry) It’s almost used as a term of endearment. That said i’d never think of saying It in front of anyone I didn’t know women or children.
    I dont know about Americans not being able to carry It off as Larry david always does a decent job on ‘Curb’.

yunki
    Free Member

the ‘c-word’ is a term of endearment round these parts too in certain drinking establishments..

I’m going to go with peadophile..

emsz
    Free Member

Don’t like hearing it. Not nice.

tadeuszkrieger
    Free Member

I work in an industry where the ability to maintain hours of casual comedy swearing is considered an asset. Anybody who doesnt swear constantly is treated with deep suspicion.

scraprider
    Free Member

i only use it to make point verbaly and you dont even have to shout when you say it, people get the drift of the C word, works better when used with the F word.

TheBrick
    Free Member

Do different to using the “p” word or “d” word. People get too upset over swearing, the most offensive things are be said with out a swear word in site. Swearing is just extra words with more vigour and punctuation, restrictions on swearing in adult environments are patronising.

Cougar

The c-bomb seems to be the last taboo. I’ll be glad when we finally get over this artificial “some words are offensive because we’re told they’re shocking” nonsense and find some things to actually worry about.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Personally i cringe on hearing the “C” word

It’s my favourite word, and I find a whole range of uses for it.

From “**** off you **** I’m not cycling up that **** hill” through to “look at that fat **** over there” and “don’t be a **** and let me borrow your cordless”.

I also use it as a term of deep endearment, as in “what you looking at you little ****” when I’m talking to one of the cats, before picking him up to give him a cuddle.

iDave
    Free Member

If I really thought low of someone I’d probably call them an ‘iDave’, though that is probably enough to reduce them to tears…

envy is a terrible thing, but very funny sometimes.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

ok lets see………….****!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

As with all words, it’s not the word but the intent behind it that’s offensive.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

I don’t think paedophile is an offensive word at all, because the majority of people, helped by the gutter media, use it to mean ‘someone who finds humans under 18 (or another arbitrary age limit based on country) sexually attractive (so pretty much most of us then), as opposed to it’s actual meaning of someone who finds prepubescent humans sexually attractive. And of course it doesn’t mean someone who abuses children, merely someone who finds them sexually interesting. So calling someone a ‘convicted paedophile’ is as informative as calling someone a ‘convicted homosexual’. Being a paedophile isn’t a crime, neither is being a homosexual.

I think the C word does it for most people.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 136 total)

The topic ‘Is the C word the most offensive word’ is closed to new replies.