Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Is that Eames Chair is replica?
  • antonmalvo-spam
    Free Member

Hi. I’m in Turkey. And i bought a new Eames Chair. Look at this chair and say replica or not. It’s so comfortable and looks good. Please help me. Best regards.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Reported

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is it 650 or 29?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Needs a few clicks of LSC.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Trust me, there are no original items in Turkey.

Your country’s approach to human rights is pretty original.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

antonmalvo – Member
    I think it is 29.

Looks more like 26 to me

thecaptain
    Free Member

**** me is that chair a thing? Stayed in an airbnb that had them, they were crap and we assumed they were at least cheap crap.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

OK, so I’m still trying to work out the angle here, I assume there is a serious Mod conference going on right now….

matt_outandabout

There is no angle.
    One post, one random link to Turkish website seeking things.
    Spam.

funkmasterp

What is going on here?

martinhutch

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’ve never been to Turkey (I’ve eaten it though), what’s it like? I’ve flown over it on the way to Cyprus & thought, ‘looking forward to Xmas dinner’

martinhutch

There is a city in Turkey called Batman. True Fact.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

is this real or faked?

magicman
    Free Member

Looks like a replica to me.But then i have no idea what an eames chair is

senorj

Parts of the North circluar are like a dirt track in Kumlubuk.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

To be fair to OP he has came to the right place for expert chair advice, as it is we’ll know around the universe that STW forum dwellers are experts at everything (including chairs, excluding bikes)

So in answer to the OP, I’m going to confirm it’s 100% genuine a real chair. If OP wants to send me the money in US dollars I will purchase it for him and post it to him.

Tiger6791

zippykona

Who’s to say what is and what isn’t real in this crazy topsy turvy works in which we live.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So in answer to the OP, I’m going to confirm it’s 100% genuine a real chair. If OP wants to send me the money in US dollars I will purchase it for him and post it to him.

I can hold the cash in my Western Union account as security until it is delivered, I would also like one and can pay in full but it is for my cousin who starts work there soon, I am unfortunately stuck at the UN for the next few months so will organise a collection.

johnners
    Free Member

Please do not be racist. I get screen shots. I did not choose the country I live in. Do not be discouraged.

Some ideals for living right there IMO.

Tiger6791

Send a photograph of the underside

martinhutch

Send a photograph of the underside

Blimey! He’s only just joined the forum!

Tiger6791

Blimey! He’s only just joined the forum!

😯

&

wwaswas

Hex bolts and cross head screws – it’s a fake.

martinhutch

mikewsmith
    Free Member

whats the capacity? What does it look like when somebody is sitting on it?

fin25
    Free Member

Can you put it next to another, not fake Eames chair and take a photo so we can compare it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is there a maximum weight for this chair?

Tiger6791

Side view of the legs please, are the bolt flush or sunk into the wood?

Is the seat a gelcoat fibreglass or ABS plastic?

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’ve asked my brother in law to buy one on my behalf.

It is £500 + vat.

I hope I like it.

wwaswas

I reckon this is the first of the Russian bots infiltrating our ranks.

We’ll all be brainwashed and voting Brexit in the second referendum before you know it.

wwaswas

39.49£

At that price it must be a real one!

Three_Fish
    Free Member

I’d say fake. The silver bolts look unrefined; but the real giveaway would be the feet, which are too basic and cheap looking. I’d expect Vitra/Eames to use two-piece thread-in feet that come on their other chairs, probably with a felt pad too. Those generic screwed-on plastic things look terrible. Also, it would be stamped Vitra and Eames somewhere on the seat. You should have been paying around £350 for that chair new, however that translates to your currency.

As an aside: I’m rather disappointed by the less-than-veiled prejudice/racism on this thread.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

As an aside: I’m rather disappointed by the less-than-veiled prejudice/racism on this thread.

First time poster joins STW to spam us with a chair?? It’s nothing racist as such just paying out the spammer

martinhutch

Could you send us a picture of you on the chair so we can assess its sturdiness?

davosaurusrex

I got two of those for £15 off eBay. Good for the kids. Keep an eye on the bolts, bit of loctite helps. I suspect your chair will not make you rich, soz.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

It’s nothing racist as such just paying out the spammer

Oh, not racist ‘as such’. So just a little bit, slightly, sort of racist; the OK sort, because the person doesn’t really matter anyway? I get it; thanks Mike.

kelron
    Free Member

First time poster joins STW to spam us with a chair?? It’s nothing racist as such just paying out the spammer

But this obviously was the right place to ask.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘Is that Eames Chair is replica?’ is closed to new replies.