Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Is my boyfriend normal?
  • afrayedknot
    Free Member

I’ve recently started seeing a guy who has introduced me to mountain biking which is all good. But recently I stayed the night at his for the first time and I’m just a bit concerned. His bedroom is full of bikes and bike parts and the rest of his house is a bit like a bike workshop. There is even a bike at the foot of the bed and I think that he probably would have had the bike in his bed if he wasn’t trying to make a good impression. Anyway, I woke the next morning teetering on the edge of the mattress, while he was sprawled out like a starfish with his arm round the dog. My question is – does this bode well for the relationship….or maybe I asking the wrong target group?

fadda

😆

geoffj

😆

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

We don’t actually ride bikes on here you know.

nonk
    Free Member

nah thats fairly normal,it takes the love of a good woman to reduce it a bit.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Eh?
    Seems perfectly normal to me. 8)

(Apart from the dog)

donsimon
    Free Member

Are you a real girl?

Stoner
    Free Member

This thread is useless without pictures….

…. of his bikes…

afrayedknot
    Free Member

yes I am a real girl. As opposed to what?

emma82
    Free Member

Welcome to my world. Although we don’t have a dog. He wud bring his bike to bed to cuddle if he could though.

psychle
    Free Member

Is he this guy?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My missus is colder than a bike frame

sharki
    Free Member

Is he called Danny? 😉

For the bike related clutter:
    It’ll be fine so long as you accept, that is the way he is, chance is that is the way he will be.

For the dog: If you are to be the new member of the pack, then you need to establish you’re position in the pack. Till now your BF was alfa male and his mutt alfa female, or Beta male/female.
    You need to dominate the mutt and put it down the order making it a gamma, unless it’s his alfa female, in which case he needs to stop sleeping with it and make it a beta female.

I’m not calling you a dog of course, but in the eyes of the mutt, you will be classed as one.

HTH

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member
    Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

I kick the 5hit out of anyone who tried to rape my bike!! Burn Him!!!

mboy
    Free Member

I’d take a photo of my bedroom to show you “normal” to a typical MTBer… But I’m embarrassed just how many bike parts and how much crap there is in here! hahaha

My GF has got used to it though… 😉

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Just the bedroom, what about the kitchen or toilet, any bikes in there, if not then there’s obviously room for more bikes … yes? 😉

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

But seriously to the OP do you have loads of perfumes/products candles female crap lying round your house and cuddle a hot water bottle in the night?

When you get to the point you move in together you can make compromises. I did, bike stuff in the kitchen, hot water bottle in bed, dog and candles in the shed.

Oggles
    Free Member

I have two bikes in my bedroom, but no dog. Would I do any better?

kaesae
    Free Member

As long as he’s a great rider! 😈 no doubt you can put up with his oddness 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

On a serious note.
    However much you love your bikes…. unless you live in shared accomodation, bikes in your bedroom is weird!
    I have bikes in the kitchen, frames and spares in the living room and spare bedroom, bike mags in the bathroom, but in my bedroom…. no!

footflaps

Same here, bikes everywhere except the bedroom and bathroom….

crazy-legs

His bedroom is full of bikes and bike parts and the rest of his house is a bit like a bike workshop. There is even a bike at the foot of the bed

Sounds perfectly normal to me!
    Most of my stuff lives in my kitchen cos it’s got a wooden floor and is very big but the road bike stays in the bedroom. Track bike is in the spare bedroom, wouldn’t want to deprive any guests of the honour of having a bike in the room!

london_lady
    Free Member

We currently have 2 bikes in the bedroom – both mine so its ok. I also don’t bat an eye when I have to clean the barh after the SO has washed bikes in the bath. Perfectly acceptable imo.

iDave
    Free Member

I think it’s weird

nicko74

We currently have 2 bikes in the bedroom – both mine so its ok. I also don’t bat an eye when I have to clean the barh after the SO has washed bikes in the bath. Perfectly acceptable imo.

See, for some reason that DOES sound a bit odd. Even though as a London resident in a shared flat til a couple of months ago I had all my bike stuff in my (bed)room.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Two bikes in the kitchen, one on the upstairs landing, one in each of the three bedrooms, two in the cupboard.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Was the dog smoking?

Scamper
    Free Member

My wife is away on holiday with girlfriends for two weeks. Both bikes are out of the shed and in the living room. I hope the oil stains come out of the carpet.

dazzlingboy

I only have one bike in the bedroom, but I do have 2 dogs sleeping in there too. Mrs made me tidy away the toolbox earlier this evening though.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

afrayedknot I don’t remember you staying over at my place…..

Woody
    Free Member

I usually have at least one bike in the living room but none in the bedroom as the two labradors might hurt themselves on it in the dark 😉

Burls72
    Free Member

psychle 😆 😆 😆

Bunnyhop

If he’s in the 16 – 30 age group then it’s totally normal, any older and the bikes should be working their way into the downstairs rooms. Evetually after the age of 40 they should (hopefully) be in a shed, cellar or garage.

Most single male mtbers I know just live in a glorified bike shed, avec beer fridge. crazy-legs ^^ being a good example.

LMT
    Free Member

Blimey youve been round mine?? i have my P7 at the foot of the bed and 2 bikes in the hallway and a bike in bits in the kitchen, the problem is work got in the way of me sorting it out!

RealMan
    Free Member

2 bikes in my bedroom. But no skeletons in the closet (just a unicycle).

chewkw
    Free Member

Better to have your man loving his bikes than loving other women … 😆

mboy
    Free Member

Most single male mtbers I know just live in a glorified bike shed

[quote]If he’s in the 16 – 30 age group then it’s totally normal[/quote]

As I’m just leaving that demographic, does that mean I’m supposed to change any time soon? Or is it just that my GF (of 6 months now!!!) is going to change me for the better? 😉

Nah… She’s into bikes as well! 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

no bikes in the flat most of the time, but there are enough parts under and down the side of the bed to build a couple, including a set of bombers within easy reach 😀

AlasdairMc

1/10

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Is my boyfriend normal?’ is closed to new replies.