Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Is it possible to change your mobile number once you have set up a contract?
  • beamers

Here's the scenario.

My current contract with Orange expires in Oct. I've had the number for years so I'm keen to keep it.

I've been borrowing an HTC Hero for a couple of months and think it's great. I'm under self induced pressure to give it back.

I can get an HTC Desire on a better deal with Vodaphone than I am currently on with Orange.

I want to keep the number. So can a take out a new contract and then transfer my old number to it when the Orange contract expires?

Ta in advance.

bruneep

I'm sure you can, explain to VF what you want to do and get it in writing that they will do without a extra charge.

No different from when you port a number, you get a temp no until your number is ported over.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ask VF?

Wait till October when prices will be lower?

simon_g

Some will, some won't – check. Only one I can remember off the top of my head is that Orange won't, they want the PAC to transfer the number at the time you take out the contract.

May work out better getting the phone sim-free and just going to one of the month-by-month plans that the networks now offer – usually around the £15-20/month mark with a few hundred minutes, texts and 500MB/1GB internet.

beamers

This is what I have my eye on.

I doubt getting the phone sim free is going to be as cheap as this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Is it possible to change your mobile number once you have set up a contract?’ is closed to new replies.