• This topic has 28 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Is it me or is there somethign really wrong with this lot
  • Duc
    Free Member

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/janet-johnson/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p4340

Spoofed ebay account to get rid of something unofficially owned or bargain of the century ?

Tim
    Free Member

scam

"it it looks too good to be true…"

yunki
    Free Member

wtf!!!!!!

Andituk
    Free Member

Very suspicious, gone from selling lots of small cheap items to flogging bikes for a fraction of their value. None of the pictures are taken in the same place too, suggesting they've been taken from the internet, and the bikes probably don't exist. American account suddenly started selling bikes from Norfolk.

TimP
    Free Member
    I_Ache
    Free Member

I spotted that earlier today.

I have asked if I am able to pick up a bike from them.

DezB
    Free Member

What's known as a hijacked account.

"C o n t a c t m e, B E F O R E B I D D I N G at janetjohnsonz37@yahoo.co.uk (office email) to get a fast reply with the B I N p r i c e"

They get a genuine Ebayers account, stick a load of shit on there and try to get people to pay up front.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

Also – until recently all items were shipped from USA – Carolina but now based in Norfolk UK. V strange.

cynic-al
    Free Member

flogging bikes for a fraction of their value

You've searched for sold items? Until an auction is finished, the "price" is meaningless.

haddock
    Free Member

Dez B – Whats a hijacked account? (other than the obvious)

genesis
    Free Member

Don't spook them with daft questions.

radoggair
    Free Member

anyone else bidding?

spock
    Free Member

biiidddddd

Andituk
    Free Member

You've searched for sold items? Until an auction is finished, the "price" is meaningless.

Most, if not all of those auctions will end well below their value without some kind of devine intervention.

RealMan
    Free Member

I particularly like this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Scott-Addict-R2-58cm-Dura-Ace-Road-Bike_W0QQitemZ320489974836QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Toys_Games_TV_Film_Character_Toys_ET?hash=item4a9eb0ec34

Scott Addict R2 Dura 58cm. This bike is the real deal. For a serious rider. Integrated seatpost. Full Dura Ace. Mavic Ksyrium SL Superlight Wheelset. It's a 2008 model.

beanum

Slight thread hijack but I've never seen a frame like this before…

ocrider

ooh, tsunami relief wristbands!

poppa
    Free Member

Looking through their feedback I couldn't find any previous bike sales…

Only checked a few pages mind.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Andituk – Member

Most, if not all of those auctions will end well below their value without some kind of devine intervention.

can I borrow your crystal ball to confirm that?

crazy-legs

Slight thread hijack but I've never seen a frame like this before…

Kestrel is a US company, they've been making road bikes like that for years. I remember always wanting one when I was younger but at the time they only made them up to about 54cm because carbon technology wasn't advanced enough to get the stiffness at bigger frame sizes.

It's supposed to improve comfort and aerodynamics and (IMHO) I think it looks pretty cool!

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

mrsmw has a kestrel road bike

not that one though

it's nice

Andituk
    Free Member

can I borrow your crystal ball to confirm that?

Or you could use your common sense and say that bikes worth £1000+ that are currently at less than £50 with a matter of hours to go, with adverts as dodgy as that, aren't going to suddenly spark a bidding war and sell for their true value, are they?

Or we could argue about pedantic points that really don't matter, as none of the bikes exist anyway, and if ebay pull their finger out, the auctions will never reach conclusion. Just hope no ones been caught out already.

DezB
    Free Member

haddock – Member
    Dez B – Whats a hijacked account? (other than the obvious)

The con-artist has found a genuine seller's account details and used them to put a load of dodgy listings up. Kind of like identity theft on Ebay.

If you email that seller (from the "contact seller" link) you won't get a reply as the real seller can't get into their account and the conman won't reply. Thats why there are email and buy-it-now options in the auction – to try to bypass Ebay/Paypal protection.

Also the listings have short run times cos they know Ebay take days to remove anything dodgy.

Best thing to do is bid a couple of thousand quid on each auction to kill em off.

I'll start by bidding a grand on the Scott, anyone want to out-bid me?

bigyinn
    Free Member

The start prices are stupidly low! Avoid.

haddock
    Free Member

Cheers DezB, interesting not seen it before, something to watch out for.

Andituk
    Free Member

Bidding doesn't really matter, they want you to e-mail them, arrange to BIN and then send them the money away from ebay. That'll then be the last you hear of them, and your money.

Coyote
    Free Member

Looks like someone's twigged 'em. All gone!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

More bizzarely, whats with the 3 speed spesh enduro?

DezB
    Free Member

Looks like someone's twigged 'em. All gone!

Damn! I was hoping for a bargain Commencal 🙁

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Is it me or is there somethign really wrong with this lot’ is closed to new replies.