Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Is 2010 the year of spain…
  • juan
    Free Member

Football team, world champ
    XC world champ
    Moto GP likely to be world champ
    Darkside contador isn't doing too bad
    Tennis Nadal isn't the last

Should I ditch my French ID and get my parents nationality 😉

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Yup and more importantly Basque Country terrorist have jacked it in.

juan
    Free Member

Yup I forgot about that :D, the only thing Spain needs now is a government that controls a bit more the economy of the country 😀

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

+1 for frugal government and Spain's @20% unemployment rate should keep MTB holidays pretty cheap 😀

Every cloud has a silver lining etc.

mogrim

Not to mention the other two categories in the MotoGP circus…

Spain's still basketball world champion, although that might change this week.

Pity about the 20% unemployment and awful government, though!

Drac

For sport yes. For economics no, they're ****.

juan
    Free Member

Drac seems to me they are not better than UK if you ask me.

Drac

Drac seems to me they are not better than UK if you ask me.

Might seem that way but we are a lot more stable than what they are, not great but been a lot worse. Think our current rate is about 8% which is a big difference.

Oh and it's "no better" other wise your agreeing with me. 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Spain has been propped up by the rest of Europe for years financially. The Greeks are now waking up to the fact that they might need to work more than a few hours a day and maybe for more than 6 months a year….. bless 'em.

sweepy
    Free Member

Yup and more importantly Basque Country terrorist have jacked it in.

I saw this on the news, and even ETA put the effort in. They were wearing zorro capes and hats, with golden masks. Our terrorists pop down millets for a balaclava- lazy.

Matbike
    Free Member

they can be the champions of 2010, but they are really broken!!!

mogrim

they can be the champions of 2010, but they are really broken!!!

Mondays do that to you, looking around me the people certainly do have that "broken" look to them!

clubber
    Free Member

Football team, world champ
    XC world champ
    Darkside contador isn't doing too bad
    Tennis Nadal isn't the last

I have my suspicions as to what's helping out Spanish sport in general to be so successful (though not all the examples above)…

FuzzyWuzzy

Yeah if Puerto had been pursued as rigorously for the other sports mentioned as it was for cycling then I doubt they'd have won the World Cup or have a certain high profile tennis player doing well. Then again it's probably like cycling has been for decades, everyone's doing it so it's still essentially a level playing field.

kimbers

maybe the spanish will overtake the uk in canabis & cocaine use, they are currently second behind us brits

youll never take that away from us!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah if Puerto had been pursued as rigorously for the other sports mentioned as it was for cycling then I doubt they'd have won the World Cup or have a certain high profile tennis player doing well. Then again it's probably like cycling has been for decades, everyone's doing it so it's still essentially a level playing field.

Eh? WTF are you on about?

Maybe the Spains are just good at stuff at the mo. Bit like Britain was at track cyling in't Olympics a couple of years ago.

Or maybe Chis Hoy et al are also 'all at it'?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

maybe the spanish will overtake the uk in canabis & cocaine use, they are currently second behind us brits

I don't think they can touch us for Heroin use, heart disease and teenage pregnancy, either..

UK FTW! 😀

wee-al
    Free Member

That's right Elfinsafety. Those Spanish would never set out deceive…..would they?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/1039129.stm

mogrim

wee-al – Member
    That's right Elfinsafety. Those Spanish would never set out deceive…..would they?

From the year 2000, unclear as to whether or not the accusations were real or not, and obviously no idea if other teams were doing the same thing.

I'm sure there are drugs in Spanish sport, but I doubt they're any better or worse than any other country – Britain certainly isn't clean in this respect, there are two Brits in this list which a quick google turned up: http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-sport/article-23624918-top-10-sensational-drugs-scandals-in-sport.do

Mackem

Elfinsafety – Spain is the biggest user of cocaine in the world.cThey are also the second fattest in Europe and quickly catching up to the UK.

badnewz
    Free Member

Spain is the biggest user of cocaine in the world.cThey are also the second fattest in Europe and quickly catching up to the UK.

That's because all the fat coke heads from England have moved out there.

sweepy
    Free Member

I thought cocaine was a slimming aid

wee-al
    Free Member

@mogrim. I know it's old and essentially unproved, i just threw it in 'cause it's funny.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Is 2010 the year of spain…’ is closed to new replies.