Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ireader/kindle/ sony reader thingy/ any other reader thing which one for misses
  • sofaking
    Free Member

I havent a clue about them so could someone give me the lowdown on which ones are any good and some of the diferences ?

thanks in advance

CHB

Either kindle, ipad with kindle software or free kindle software on your laptop. The sony ones are crap.

CHB

oh, if buying the actual kindle get the £149 one. The cool thing about this is that it uses mobile phone network to download books. There is no contract or additional cost to the user for this, amazon have signed a deal worldwide that they pay the data charges. My mate has a kindle and was downloading books while on holiday in egypt.

billybob
    Free Member

My Dad has bought my mum a kindle for Christmas – they apparently give a much nicer user experience than an ipad or laptop screen.

CHB

yes the screens are brillian for reading text.
    After a few years of using touch screen devices, I must admit it felt odd going back to pressing buttons.

samuri
    Free Member

I’m getting one for christmas. I’m not really supposed to know but seeing the 149 quid go out to amazon from our account was an obvious sign. (Plus I actually asked for one)

willej

My Mrs has just ordered herself a Kindle for Christmas, after much research and borrowing my colleague’s one for a night to play with. Bloody marvelous thing. She went for the WLAN only one to save £40.

tree-magnet
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    I’m getting one for christmas. I’m not really supposed to know but seeing the 149 quid go out to amazon from our account was an obvious sign. (Plus I actually asked for one)

You’re getting a hoover, mate.

DavidB
    Free Member

You’re getting a hoover mate

No, it’s worse, its a distressed pine bed

Lionheart
    Free Member

I am still laughing at the thought of Samuri potentially self miss-managed expectations and the list get longer the more I think about it!! Well done TM and Dave – Good luck Samuri

tree-magnet
    Free Member

No, it’s worse, its a distressed pine bed

Or a 100 pack of 3 way adaptors

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ireader/kindle/ sony reader thingy/ any other reader thing which one for misses’ is closed to new replies.