Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ipod touch new OS problems
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I downloaded Steve Jobbies’ latest amazing OS recently on my 2 gen Ipod touch. Seems there’s a problem with safari intermittently not able to connect, whereas other devices are getting broadband fine, and even the ipod wil speak to the pc via itunes remote.

It’s just over 2 yrs old, I was thinking of flogging it soon 🙄 any hints, tips, forum suggestions?

allthepies
    Free Member

I’ve held off applying any of the 4.x touch releases after one of them made my 2nd gen touch crawl and drain the battery overnight even when switched off. Reverted back to 3.x and all OK (apart from the apps which require 4.x of course 🙄 )

cynic-al
    Free Member

OK cool is it easy to go back then…can I do so only to the OS that was on before or choose? Thanks.

allthepies
    Free Member

OK cool is it easy to go back then

No! It is very much the opposite of easy to revert back…. I am down wit da tech and it was a ballache.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ah **** 😡

Another turd in a jiffy bag to Mr Jobs then.

CountZero

Perhaps it’s just a Touch issue? My phone 4 has the very latest OS update and so far after a week there’ve been no issues that I’ve noted. BT Broadband can be flaky at times, regardless of what you’re connecting with, every so often mine will suddenly start asking for the passkey to be input, ask several times, then it’ll be fine for ages, same with my laptop. I just accept it as BT’s shonky system.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m with Orange and the problem was not present before the update. Other devices working OK too.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Whatever you do don’t upgrade to 4.2.1. My battery runs almost flat over night whereas before it would last all week.
    Once you have gone to 4.2.1 you can only go back to 4.1 and nothing earlier. Luckily 4.1 doesn’t have the battery killing issue.
    Apparently Apple have been aware of this problem since the middle of last year and have not yet done anything about it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ipod touch new OS problems’ is closed to new replies.