Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)
  • iPhone 7
  • jam-bo

fanboi or hater?

wwaswas

Can I have;

‘Interesting product, not that excited tbh, but there’s nothing to really dislike about it’

?

obviously I’d lose the headphones in about 3 minutes but I could always tie them together with a bit of string.

footflaps

Aren’t we a day early?

onandon
    Free Member

Plan to order one as I’ll be getting it free.

jam-bo

I thought I’d start early to be first in line. 😉

njee20
    Free Member

obviously I’d lose the headphones in about 3 minutes but I could always tie them together with a bit of string.

When I saw that mock up I thought “they’re cool”, then immediately thought exactly that. Utterly useless! Bet they don’t look anything like that.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not released yet, 7 on fhe 7th 🙂

Not expecting much, double camera, more memory on the base model 64 is enough for me ? Lightening headphones is a bit of a bore as it won’t be possible to have headphones/external speakers and power at the same time. My 6 is still going strong so I’ll probably wait for the 7S / 8 in 2017. Still pondering Plus size too.

From what I have read the wireless headphones will not be standard and Apple will provide a lightening to jackplug adapter. All rumour at present

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Looks like it should have some good upgrades from my iphone 6

Better camera, more ram, faster processor, better screen. Not sure if it has a better battery though ?

MSP

I am more interested in what the apple watch is going to be. If they tailor it further towards the sports watch market as rumoured, giving gps and music without my phone, making it waterproof, that would have me interested.

ourmaninthenorth

As with all smartphones, the leaps and bounds advances have happened. It’s all now incremental improvements, as evidenced every year at Mobile World Congress (and six months later with the new iPhone).

andysredmini
    Free Member

I get the new one every year. I have a one year contract and sell the phone just before the new one is released which helps cover most of the cost of the new one.
    I’m disappointing every year with the incremental upgrades and even more disappointed after 5 mins when everything is loaded from the cloud and your new phone looks and works pretty much exactly like the last one.
    I like the idea of this one being waterproof. I put my current one in an ikea sandwich bag otherwise it gets too sweaty in the back of my jersey. Whether or not the new one is anything like the leaks or not is another matter. I don’t tend to take too much notice.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Fangirl, ill be looking on the 7th when it gets announced to see if I should move from a 6 to the maybe named iPhone 7. Or maybe wait til the 10 year anniversary next year and see if they come up with some completely new.

GolfChick
    Free Member

MSP – only issue for me with new watch is that its been almost confirmed that it wont have any cellular connectivity so I’ll still have to carry both phone and watch at all times even though it comes with the GPS positioning.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d lose the headphones in about 3 minutes

Possible solutions:

– String between them with a little clip to attach your clothing.
    – Magnets on the back, and tell clothing manufacturers to sew little metal tabs in a special pocket.

molgrips
    Free Member

I like the idea of this one being waterproof

Wow, how innovative 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

There’s a big difference between water resistant and waterproof. So far the hunch is that it will be water resistant

avdave2

I’d lose the headphones in about 3 minutes

Possible solutions:

– Magnets on the back, and tell clothing manufacturers to sew little metal tabs in a special pocket.

My children, well the girls anyway, have a simpler solution, they never appear to remove their headphones.

wwaswas

Possible solutions:

or like, maybe a little wire to tether them to the actual device so that they stay with it.

And then, then, you could have a special socket to plug them into with a non-proprietary interface and allow a choice of headphones so that people could find some that suited them perfectly rather than compromising with the oem set?

Rio

For those of us whose ears aren’t iphone-bud shaped those headphones look like a disaster. I have enough trouble with the current ones falling out and dangling; imagine the fun of one of them popping out on an escalator on the tube 😕

I think most of the reports say they’ll be supplied with pair of wired lightning earphones, which would be better.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I love how everyone has an opinion about a rumoured/mock image of what they’ll be like. At least wait until tomorrow to slag em off! 😆

prawny

The only thing that will make me upgrade my iphone 6 is if it’s waterproof.

Otherwise I really can’t see any reason I would. I’ve had it nearly 2 years and I’ve barely had to think about it, it’s just been there, doing it’s job quietly without fuss.

Unlike the Android phones I used to be a huge fan of, too much bloatware, too many clashing processes and upgrades that don’t play well with older (less than 3 years old) phones.

Waterproofing though, that would be a huge weight off my mind. Especially as a bike commuter with the winter coming.

MSP

MSP – only issue for me with new watch is that its been almost confirmed that it wont have any cellular connectivity so I’ll still have to carry both phone and watch at all times even though it comes with the GPS positioning.

I am not that bothered by requiring to be in contact with the outside world at all times, I would be quite happy to forgo cellular connectivity while doing sport. I can see how adding it and getting it right, without increasing form factor, battery use, expense would be difficult.

I am still not convinced the technology is here yet to make a useful smart watch, but will see what they reveal tomorrow, and if it is close enough for me to jump on board.

ninfan
    Free Member

Could it be 2mm thicker, in order to contain a battery that would last me a weekend away please?

GolfChick
    Free Member

Ha it’s an iPhone, we’re not turning water into wine!

MSP – as a mostly solo cyclist who has experienced a bad crash requiring an ambulance, I can’t go anywhere without the cellular connectivity so I’m disappointed they didn’t manage it, I’d stick with a day a charge of it meant that addition. Already an Apple Watch user so I’ve not read enough to make me want to swap yet but I am a self confessed Apple snob so ‘watch’ this space!

DezB
    Free Member

Could it be 2mm thicker

Yes! Then they’d be able to give it a headphone socket 🙂

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Can’t wait for this!!!!

Means my wife gets the 7.

Meaning daughter no1 gets the wife’s 6.

Meaning daughter no 2 gets daughter no 1s 5.

Meaning I will actually get at least 5 minutes at home where someone won’t mention new sodding iPhone.

Grrrr.

Drac

Let’s hope it doesn’t have the built in hand warmer like the Samsung.

You could not buy the air phones Jamba and use the wired ones it comes with.

molgrips
    Free Member

Could it be 2mm thicker, in order to contain a battery that would last me a weekend away please?

I wish someone would have this as an option.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I can’t see it being that much better. I’ve usually upgraded every 2 years, but I might wait another year this time as my 6 is still perfect and does everything I need.
    I don’t like the lack of headphone jack either. I’ve just spent £50 installing a line in on our 2004 Mazda and I could do without having too add a bluetooth adaptor to it….

Drac

I’d say thats more your 12 year old car than the newest phone tech.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Odd for me but I’m just not interested in the 7, being a fanbouy n’all.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Car hardly gets used, and we’ve just bought it! But when it does get used it goes a long way and I like some music.
    I don’t have any CDs any more and radio is tedious. 🙂

takisawa2

Wonder if it will have the same sporadic screen unresponsivnes issue that my work issue iPhone 6 has.
    Total pain in the backside.
    It’s like it stores up every desperate screen touch then flies through carrying them all out once it unlocks itself.
    IT were a bit sceptical until it emailed half the company address book last week.

Drac

Never had that with my 6.

CountZero

obviously I’d lose the headphones in about 3 minutes but I could always tie them together with a bit of string

There are already a bunch of BT wireless earphones a bit like those, the big problem is that the supplied case is usually the charger as well, which makes no allowance for any eartips other than the limited range of supplied ones.
    Also Apple aren’t the first to ditch the 3.5mm Jack socket, just the most high-profile, and there are a number of high-end headphone manufacturers producing ‘phones with Lightning or USB3 connectors.
    If people want properly waterproof phones, it’s the only way it can be done, the 3.5 socket just can’t be made properly watertight.
    I’m fine with an adaptor to take a standard 3.5 Jack and plug into a Lightning socket, especially if, as seems likely, it has remote controls, as I have a number of pairs of UE ‘phones without remote controls, so an adaptor with remote and, possibly a DAC, would be absolutely perfect.

trail_rat
    Free Member

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO #[*] REPORT-POST
    Drac – Moderator

Quick Peter go rent a new car to go with your new phone so you can listen on the move like the rest of the sheeple

Drac

He’s got around that for now so he can do that, if you bother to read his post.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not if he gets a 7

-if you bother to read his post 😉

Drac

It comes with an adapter if you’d read someone elses post. 😀

GrahamS

If people want properly waterproof phones, it’s the only way it can be done, the 3.5 socket just can’t be made properly watertight

Why?

Pretty sure I still have a nice 80’s Walkman somewhere that was waterproof.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 200 total)

The topic ‘iPhone 7’ is closed to new replies.