Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • iPad Mini having a flipper…
  • the-muffin-man

My daughters iPad mini seems to be going a bit mad.

It randomly opens and closes apps, zooms in, zooms out, and enters random data when typing!

Has anyone else experienced this? It’s 18 months old now so out of warranty.

Cheers

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds like a digitizer fault making up it’s own finger contact.

Jamie
    Free Member

Isn’t 2 years the EU warranty period?

http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

the-muffin-man

Hmmm 2 years you say – can I send direct to Apple or do I have to go to an Apple store?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@muffin – definitely take it to the Apple store, did you buy it there ? You should make a genius bar appointment. Ask them what the issue is and see what they suggest. Only if they stall start pressing with the EU warranty thing. I have heard of some people being successful and others not. I tried to get a new iPhone (18 months old) and was told to go to my phone company as that’s effectively “where I bought it from” – fair enough really. You will have one potential issue in that the model you have has been replaced, you may get lucky and get the latest model as a replacement. Finally this is one factor in deciding where to buy the iPad from Apple is very good but John Lewis has 2 or even 3 year warranties as standard.

You seem to have been a bit unlucky, my iPad1 is still going strong after 4+ years.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘iPad Mini having a flipper…’ is closed to new replies.