• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by st.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Inversion tables
  • st

Does anyone here have any experience of using inversion tables?

I’ve suffered with back pain on and off for a long while now, with a couple of prolapsed discs confirmed a while back. although it’s not given me too much gyp for a couple of years now it is starting too. I’ve had a few months of slackness After starting to work away from home and riding seems to trigger the pain in a way I haven’t had for years.

So whilst I need to sort my sh!t out and get back into proper exercise I’ve been musing over an inversion table to try to ease a bit of pressure on my back, recognising that this would be alongside some more conventional core exercise.

Is it all snake oil though?

baldiebenty
    Free Member

I’ve got one, I’ve found that sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesn’t.

Personally my back is giving me grief sporadically at the moment (sciatica, lower back pain) and this it doesn’t seem to help with, in the past it has helped quite significantly when I’ve also had sciatica and back pain. The pain is different now, just in the same areas.

So, it seems to be a bit of “suck it and see”. It may help you, it may not.

One thing to note is that I notice how much strain it puts on your knees, ankles and hips with all that stretching, especially with full inversion.

st

That’s useful, thanks.

I’m not expecting miracles but wondering if it would help as part of a longer term attempt to improve the way I’m feeling as things are getting very creaky now I’m on the verge of 40.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Inversion tables’ is closed to new replies.