Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Interesting NSMB article on whiny mtbers
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

This is mountain bikers. The tubeless, soft compound, dry weather, reinforced casing tires on my 650b trail bike didn’t perform perfectly on my taxpayer funded enduro trail so I’m going to take to the Internet to tell everybody about how terrible it all is. Endlessly.

http://nsmb.com/mtb-riders-critical-pricks/

kimbers

theyve been reading this forum havent they…

Trimix
    Free Member

I think the problem is more that the internet has meant everyone with an opinion can SHOUT it out to the world.

Previously, only your mates would hear it and they could tell you to put a sock in it or just roll their eyes an put up with your rambling daftness.

I haven’t got any mates, so posting on the internet is my only way of interacting with others 🙂

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Whilst I have some empathy with the writers POV I feel he could have kept his tone more deferrential to we mtbers and his use of grammar , I’m afraid, was indicative of his colonial roots. Also starbucks CANNOT make good coffee, you need a lattemax xs5000 and organic, biodynamic, baromentrically optimised Guavan beans picked in late august to make anything even remotely resembling a drinkable espresso, these days.

poah
    Free Member

everyone complains, its not limited to MTB’s. sometimes a product doesn’t do as it says cause it’s crap other times it because the user is crap. seems like its an article for article sake, not actually telling people anything they didn’t already know. They will do a post about round wheels being better than square ones next.

willard

What geometric shaped wheels for Afan?

He does make some good points though and in a reasonably lighthearted-ranty way.

grum
    Free Member

Nail on head mostly.

Middle class humans living in developed nations have grown up on easy street. Yes, things like cancer and car accidents and sexual assault don’t care whether or not you are the target recipient of government tax cuts. Bad things happen to us all. But not many of us had to worry about starvation or meeting our weekly quota of blood diamonds or were chained to a table and forced to sew clothes for the Gap. We’re soft people. Our parents and teachers coddled us. Our politicians pandered to us. On average, we are frivolous people with too much money who grew up under relatively cushy circumstances.

Something an awful lot of people should think about not just mountain bikers.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I’m just saying that, for the most part, there is a “type” who mountain bikes. And that “type” just happens to be part of the luckiest and smuggest group of people to ever walk the face of the planet.

“Yes! Yes, we are…….” said perchypanther smugly.

DaRC_L

What is NSMB – is it a site for them thar MTB types?

neilthewheel

That’s a terrible article.

I haven’t read it, mind.

funkrodent

you need a lattemax xs5000 and organic, biodynamic, baromentrically optimised Guavan beans picked in late august to make anything even remotely resembling a drinkable espresso, these days

Ponce. As any fule kno, if it hasn’t been through the digestive system of an exotic South American cat, it’s not worth drinking 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Interesting NSMB article on whiny mtbers’ is closed to new replies.