Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Intense recluse – the one?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Intense pricing isn’t really that far from other “boutique” brands.

No one seems to bat an eyelid at Santa Cruz listing 7-8k builds…

Plus, the market for the real top end is absolutely tiny. I don’t know anyone who’s paid above £4K for a bike…

Plus, get one in the sales ; it’s a lot cheaper

Plus, stop ya all hatin on Intense. I might cry :-S

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Playing devils advocate here.

Pricing my next build up which I’m fairly certain will be another Spitfire.

For a pretty average build ie frame/shock, Pro4 wheelset, XT groupset, B1 Reverb, boost Pikes (if the new Spitty is boost), carbon bars, decent stem etc I reckon it will come in around £3800 ready to ride.

For £400 more I could have a foundation Recluse in teh carbonz with a 5 year warranty, admittedly with a lower groupset/wheel spec (I think) but still with Pikes (RC) and a Reverb.

The top spec ones are stupid money but weighing it up the lower spec ones aren’t that far off what a half decent build comes in at on any other ‘non boutique’ brand.

wiggles
    Free Member

Had a little play today on the “mid-range” (£6.6k 😯 ) one.

Very nice looking bike seems like a quality product, good reach… However the seatube on a large is massive and looks ridiculous so then you have to get a medium and the reach is too short…

Main issue at the moment is £/$ rate, many many bikes that come from America or paid in dollars are going up enve wheels are £3700 a set currently…

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Intense recluse – the one?’ is closed to new replies.