Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Intense hardware help (warning 650b content)
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

I had almost finished my Tracer build except for wheels so naturally used the wheels from my other bike so I could ride the intense.

However these wheels aren’t really suited to it so always needed a new set.

I opted to go for some 650b wheels, I thought I might as well try it while ordering new wheels.
    Having a Tracer frame means I can do this with a change in dropouts, great yeah?

Well the wheels are now here, the dropouts are now here however I still can ride my bike.
    The dropout kit consists of a new bigger brake adapter (the rear wheel is now sitting further back than it used to)

However Intense and the UK importer extra are absolutely shocking with anything so I can’t find one of these brake adapters at all. I’m being quoted 2 months maybe more for the importer to get one from Intense.

Pretty poor reason to not complete my bike.

Does anyone know of any shops that may have stock of these special 27.5 brake adapters?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Try the US?

Might be Intense supply rather than importers’ fault.

Sounds like you didn’t get the full story when you ordered the dropouts?

matlockmeat
    Free Member

They are in stock in the US, I can buy one but will incur a ridiculous high postage cost, and then maybe import duty on top.

Extra are just poor at importing stuff over. They only receive a few big orders a year from intense so if they didn’t get what you want on their last drop you have to wait ages for the next one.

What I’m hoping to find is a shop who took stock of said brake adapters a while ago.

Any big intense dealers over here?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Intense hardware help (warning 650b content)’ is closed to new replies.