Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Insurers to avoid?
  • stealthcat

Home insurance is up for renewal, and we’re looking at self-insuring the bikes, which opens up a much wider range of insurers and much lower prices.
    Some of the prices are so low that I almost automatically cross them off the list, but are there any companies/groups we really ought to avoid?
    To date, we’ve never claimed on home insurance, but I don’t want to go with a cheap quote and find out the hard way why it’s cheap!

DezB
    Free Member

Avoid Zurich.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Had a recent good experience with L&G when replacing a lost engagement ring late last year. Claim was straight forward and they paid out with minimal questions.

peterfile
    Free Member

why is that a reason to avoid them dooosuk?

Gilesey
    Free Member

Nothing good to say about Axa.

Or their sub-contracted claims manglement call-centre. Or the cowboy contractors they insist on using for repairs. More than 3 years on and I’m still traumatised by my experience! (3 months in temp accommodation waiting for what should have been a 2 week fix to some water damage)

dooosuk
    Free Member

peterfile – it’s not… I just thought I’d do away with the negative approach and report on an insurer that was pleasant and positively easy to deal with.

jon1973
    Free Member

When it comes to car insurance you should avoid “The Insurance Factory” or any one of the alternative names they trade under (Insurance Shop, for example).

Trying to communicate with them is like talking to a 2 year old child and they love the phrase “we can’t do that”.

Super efficient at taking your premium though, can’t fault them there.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Insurers to avoid?’ is closed to new replies.