Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Insurance for students (contents) ?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Starting at Edinburgh Uni next week, will be renting a room in a flat with some other students.

Want to get some form of cover for my main belongings, in particular 2 bikes (£1k and £2k), laptop (£400), mp3 player (£60), phone (£60), and then money, clothes etc.

At home we have home insurance with CIS, if my room door can be locked, it will be covered under the home insurance, but I dont think it does have a lock, so looks like Ill need to take out a new policy.

So, any recommendations on which companies to look at?
    Looked at people like Endsleigh, but even their special cycle insurance is only up to £1.5k.

Anyone know any good companies who can deal with student accom, and especially higher valued possessions?

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Ta, Duane.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

endsleigh are the best insurance company out there and being an insurance company. Very quick to take your money, very very very very very slow to pay up!

Took the best part of a year and some increacingly irate phonecalls to get any money out of them.

I contemplated insuring my bikes, but then after much thought realised that paying £300 to insure all three was disproportionate when im only likely to have one with me at any one time, and in reality a £1200 bike is only going to cost £600 to replace s/h.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Insurance for students (contents) ?’ is closed to new replies.