Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Inserts for a Cyclus headset press
  • PJay
    Free Member

Years back I bought a cheapo Cyclus (I think) headset press and it’s actually been great. The problem now is that it’ll only do 1″ and 1 1/8″ cups (I’ve only pressed external ones but I think in may cope with integrated ones as well).

I don’t currently need a 1.5″ headset pressed but probably will at some point and was wondering whether it’s possible to but inserts (adapters?) to press 1.5 cups.

In a bike shop yesterday I noticed that they were selling FSA BB30 inserts that looked like they’d work my press (don’t need them though) so something similar for headsets might be out there.

Mugboo

I bought some huge washers from eBay to use with my headset press, they work perfectly. Can’t find them on eBay but I’m sure you could visit your local nut and bolt emporium.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I ordered the 1.5 inch add on from hibike August 2015 so they may still do them?

al2000
    PJay
    Free Member

Great, thanks.

I did manage to track down the Hibike ones, I’m just waiting to hear back whether the price is for a single adapter or a pair. It looks like there are separate adapters for semi-integrated headsets but it’s not clear whether these will cope with 1 1/8 and 1 1/2 cups in one adapter.

benpinnick

Cane creek do adaptors that will fit a cyclus/park/etc. … that are obviously prefect for theirs, but also good for hope and others. If that helps.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Inserts for a Cyclus headset press’ is closed to new replies.