Home Forums Bike Forum info on the Hilo dropper seatpost

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • info on the Hilo dropper seatpost
  • elaineanne
    Free Member

sooo still struggling to get a 27.2 seatpost dropper)… just spoke to one of the biggest bike shops and apparently the Hilo x fusion dropper seatpost were ‘recalled’ because they were too thin !!!! its not looking good for 27.2 bikers…duh….i want something thats going to work ..

soobalias
    Free Member

my x-fusion is doing well, but im skinny

who told you about the recall?

elaineanne
    Free Member

where did you buy your hilo from….they are ‘too thin’ apparently not strong enuff… wont blab which bike shop at the mo… :wink:

mattjng
    Free Member

I have had a hilo for the best part of a year and not had any problems with it, best thing I have bought in years

Onzadog
    Free Member

I know someone with a 27.2 that’s running fine. Is this an actual recall or a shop bad mouthing a product they can’t source?
    Personally, I’m waiting for the ks lev. Zero cable growth is is the clincher for me.

soobalias
    Free Member

think i got mine from wiggle, it was a few months back

elaineanne
    Free Member

im looking at the ksi 7 also…..but the button option kit is 54.99, why the heck dont all these dropper seatpost come standard with button and lever..grrrr i dont want to be fumbling about with a lever thats why i want a button option….
    dam it reverb should make 27.2 size…i think its rediculous that they dont.. :cry:

mintimperial

My 27.2 HiLo has been running happily for over six months now, it had a cable change after a hard winter and that’s all it’s needed. No complaints here. :-)

RustyMac
    Free Member

Would be really interested to find out if the 27.2 HiLo’s were recalled. That was top of my list for a 27.2 dropper post.
    Loco was looking to stock 27.2 versions of the DSP BigHorn, but it only does a 3″ drop rather than 4″ that the HiLo can.

VanMan
    Free Member

No problems with mine either, had a fair few heavy crashes and I’m no featherweight :-)

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a KS Lev, though its a 31.6. The KS website says that they do a 27.2 version with 100mm drop.

Dropper seatpost is the best upgrade that I have ever made to a bike.

elaineanne
    Free Member

well the online bike shop said there was a recall, so duno wots going on them.. maybe hes had an argument with whoever supplied them lol, i duno but the people who have got them on here seem satisfied… i have just emailed global bikes (this is NOT the firm that said there was a recall by the way) lol)….. just emailed them as they have some in stock..wondering if their Hilo,s are just lever only or button option as well…. id rather have a button option … cos when your going fast down some rocky terrain ya dont wanna be fumbling with the lever, id rather have two hands on the handlebars and flick a button or switch :wink:

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Search perhaps? just a thought…..

X-fusion also do a layback version of the hilo…

[/url]
    IMG_2654[/url]

[/url]
    IMG_2657[/url]

That was my second one after ride 4 (first one failed…seized…ride 3).88 kg 6’1″ riding XC hardtail before you ask….. Had seemed very good up until the fail(s)….not quite in the league of the mkIII reverb I’d had for 6 months prior until I switched frames and became a 27.2-er, but did what it said on the tin. Wiggle were excellent with a warranty replacement after the first, and a refund after the 2nd once Wiggle sent back to X-fusion. Poor response from X-fusion itself….no reply to initial emails explaining fails and querying rider weight recommendations for the engineering tolerances…sent to both UK and US contact emails…finally a reply on resend several weeks on when I questioned the existence of any customer service! No followup response to request for info once post sent back. Did I just get a rare dud (x2)?. They couldn’t be bothered to tell me so no further custom from me.

Failures were not crash related (i.e. there were no crashes, just regular single track riding from a rider who rarely leaves the ground)

mikewsmith
    Free Member

a quick google of Hi Lo recall only shows this thread and nothing on the X-Fusion website.

scruff
    Free Member

elaine try some German bike retail sites, probably cheaper too.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘info on the Hilo dropper seatpost’ is closed to new replies.